Highlighted
iangeorge2061
Level 1: Cadet

Bundle order problems

Answered

Yet again Telstra I am having a heap of trouble getting connected to ADSL, how hard is it to just connect me to the internet through the Telstra phone number I got connected last week?

I am sick and tired of having to call your call centres in regards to this and would like, just once, an answer that doesn’t have an excuse attached to it. I see no reason to as why I should have to get the phone number that got connected last week, disconnected, just so I can get another phone number connected to allow me to have access to the internet. I was told on Thursday (6th Dec) after being on the phone for 2.5hrs that my order would be connected by the 13th Dec, TODAY!!

I look online yesterday to see how my order is tracking and surprise, surprise I see it has yet again been delayed! What a joke. I call up to find out the reason to the delay and was told that there is another carrier’s phone number connected to my premises. I explain that I got a “TELSTRA TECHNICIAN” to connect a “TELSTRA” phone number to my premises on Thurs 6th Dec and don’t see how it could belong to another carrier. The operator I was on the phone to, told me that I was incorrect and in fact another carrier’s phone was connected at my premises. I then asked for the phone number that was connected to my premises and was read out a number that was not the same to the one I KNOW is connected, and still connected, to my premises.  I was then fed some bull**bleep** that an application has to be done to get the other carrier to release their number and it will take 2-5 days to occur. I disputed this and still claimed that I don’t have another carrier’s number connected to my premises and that my number is TELSTRA’S!!!

I was then hung up on when asked to be diverted to make a complaint and after recalling I made a complaint. At first I was told that my internet is still scheduled to be connected on time and that in fact it would be connected during the hours of 8am to 12pm!  I informed the operator of what the previous operator said and that this was my reason to raising the complaint. After being on hold I was told that I would receive a call back in a couple of hours with some answers.

5hrs later I called Telstra back to see what the holdup was and was told that I was not to be expecting a call back. I asked about my order and yet again I was told it would be completed on time. Shortly after this I received a call back from operator I made the initial complaint to and was told that she could not get any answers for me as every operator she called/talked to either had no clue or transferred her to someone who had no clue or hung up on her.

I was informed that I would receive a call back today Thurs 13th Dec, after she investigated further as many of the departments were closed for the night. After receiving no call back at 4pm I called up looking for answers and was told that I would be connected to my complaint’s case manager, after getting miss routed to the wrong department I was informed that the complaint’s department was closed for the day and I could not receive an update on my complaint.

This has really annoyed me as so far this order has caused me so many problems just to get a phone line connected, which has been, and internet connected. The order has been delayed so many times without any calls from Telstra explaining the delays, incorrect addresses put in causing further delays without any call and having to create new orders to fix this.

I am at my wits end in regards to this order and if I am told it is going to take any longer I am just going to pull the pin on it all and take all my Telstra business to another carrier. Ever since the 21st Nov when I placed this call I have made 20+ phone calls to Telstra, sent 2 faxes since you somehow lost the first one and made 2 complaints one online that I have not received any resolution for and 1 yesterday that seems it’s going to have the same outcome.

This is my last resort to get this order processed and connected. I am fed up with the excuses TELSTRA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Bundle order problems

Hi iangeorge2061,

Thanks for posting on CrowdSupport.

I apologise for the experience you have received in relation to your bundle order.

As you have a case manager I would suggest contacting them direct on 1800814242 Monday- Friday between 9-5pm, as they would be across the progress of your order and dealing with it specifically.

Of course if you still are unable to get in contact and there is no more progress let us know and we can follow up from there 

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
22 REPLIES 22
joshjones
Level 6: Bloodhound

i would reccomend to a surpervisor that can excalte this...

i would reccomend to a surpervisor that can excalte this problem 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi iangeorge2061,

Thanks for posting on CrowdSupport.

I apologise for the experience you have received in relation to your bundle order.

As you have a case manager I would suggest contacting them direct on 1800814242 Monday- Friday between 9-5pm, as they would be across the progress of your order and dealing with it specifically.

Of course if you still are unable to get in contact and there is no more progress let us know and we can follow up from there 

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

iangeorge2061

Thanks Esther,

I called them direct this morning and was suprised that NO CASE MANAGER was assigned to either of my complaints. This has just angered me more and now that I actually have a case manager, it seems that things may get fixed up after all.

I got no reason to why I wasn't given a case manager and all I was told was that they are sorry... this has got to the worst customer service anyone has had with Telstra, I've been waiting for now 4 weeks for this order to get processed and according to your website complaints are usually resolved within 5 business days of lodging. The first complaint I made now 10 business days ago STILL hasn't been resolved and if I didn't chase it up wouldn't have ever been solved.

This has to go down in the records for worst customer support.

jpm
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi iangeorge, I'm feeling your pain and I'm an existing loyal customer who has just tried in December to upgrade my existing home bundle from 5gb data to 100gb. I waited for my 5gb plan to expire in November and then arranged for the upgrade which was done via a telstra store with emailed confirmation received on 11/12/13. The reason for the upgrade was our kids 4 & 7yrs old were getting toys from Santa that need Internet access. On the 15/11/13 I get an email informing me that our 5gb allowance has been exceeded (we had been emailed on the 11/12/13 that we now had 100gb)??? I though disappointing but 10 days to xmas Telstra should be able to sort this in correct... Despite getting a heap of emails and excuses like you did on the 28/12/13 our kids still can not use our internet (there is slow speed but it takes hours for what should be minutes).

i'm with you lets change providers and in six months they will be offering anything to get new business and it will all get done promptly.

good luck mate.  

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jpm,

That kind of delay is definitely not good enough, I agree. Have you been given a date as to when the bundle change is set to go through now?

jpm

Hi Ben, I the last time line I have been given is as soon as possible, I think I have have had three previously (starting from 11/12/13). I do have an INT no.(which I'm happy to share with you so long as its safe to do so) that has been running since 23/12/13, as there appears to be no set time for resolution they are now trying to reset my 5gb allowance back to zero so atleast the kids can use Santa's presents until a full fix has been completed.

Just FYI all staff have been pleasant which is an improvement on Telstra's reputation however I shouldn't need to be in contact this much for a simple upgrade. I also find it puzzling that if I was moving from another provider to Telstra I get a free modem but nothing for being loyal, upgrading and resigning for another 24 months....

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jpm,

I'll be in touch shortly via Private Message so we can have a look into this one for you.

jpm

Hello Ben, sorry for the delay but I needed a break from the frustration of dealing with Telstra and their total lack of ability to carry out a simple upgrade. I have replied today to your private message, this come about as I was in a Telstra shop trying again to see where my account was at, I was basically informed that coming into a store was no better then ringing from home as that is all the staff can do??? Current status of my upgrade(into week number four): 1) From logging into my account via the web I am still on a 5Gb plan not the 100Gb plan that Telstra had emailed me confirmation I was on (11/12/13) 2) Shop Staff today said that they believe this has been fixed and web will update in the next 24hrs. 3) I upgraded our Telstra app a couple of days ago and now it no longer works so check our plan is now a pain. 4) I am now into a new billing cycle so my internet speed is back up until the 5Gb runs out again. this has had a real impact on our kids Santa presents and also one of their birthdays was 3rd of Jan where he got a laptop, it will be interesting to see one if Telstra can sort this out and two if their is some compensation for the disappointing Christmas they have given my kids! Unfortunately I live in a rural area so from past experience I have to be with Telstra, which I was happy to be hence the contract renewal and upgrade but it would be great to have an alternative.
jpm

I have just looked up my account and the issues I have encountered to date have now reached a new level, this is what it now tells me: my Internet allowance is now 100Gb/month I have currently used 2.66Gb which is apparently just over 50% of my allowance. no that's not a typo that is Telstra's calculation???To add to this further my monthly total phone bill has increased from typically $160.00 max to well over $200.00 we had expected that our cost would increase to about $175.00. Remember that we have had limited internet for the kids xmas toys and the countless hour I have spent on numerous phone calls and two visits to a Telstra store where I spent close to an hour plus the drive there and back. With this new bill I'm guessing that I will now need to spend several more hours getting to the bottom of this.

Bear in mind that all I have done is change from one Bundle that had expired to the next one up, I can't believe that this has been so difficult...  and still no one from Telstra has contacted me to resolve these issues.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi jpm - we can help investigate for you if you can send through details of the account in question to us via the webform that Ben_J provided (For security reasons we're not able to request account information or other personal details via direct messages on these forums).

jpm

Hello Greg- Done I'll wait to hear back from you.

jpm

jpm

Hello All,

Just an update there is no good news;

1. haven't heard back from Ben or Greg so I don't think crowd support is interested in helping.
  2. My bill has been reduced by they can't issue me a correct one and wanted me to just "short pay"  the amount they tell me over the phone.
  3. In any case his will be shown with the correct amount in the next bill in Feb. - like I am going to believe that!
  4. I have received an automated email today saying that we about to hit 5Gb and my Internet will be slowed down, despite 3 Telstra staff telling me in the last 36hrs that don't worry what it says in your big pond account it has all been sorted you have 100Gb..

I have never interacted with so many people from the one organisation and without someone being able to sort a problem. To its either the people or the machine. The staff I have dealt with which is now numbering in the ten+ have mostly been polite, I'm guessing its the machine so my advice is go elsewhere because its more likely a fluke if you get what you ask for from the beast.

Thanks again to Ben and Greg for your response.

NOT!!!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jpm,

I can see that I provided you with our webform back on the 30th so we should certainly have picked up your incident by now. Can you provide me with the SR number for your case via private message so I can check into what became of it?

jpm

Ben, I don't have an "SR" number i have a few INT numbers?

I am currently dealing with a nimber of Telstra staff and I'm sure with the info supplied in the web form you can look at my file. If you are not of a high enough access level I would suggest that you could escalate this further as I am going to continue to post so as others are well aware of Telstra's performance in what should have been a simple task.

Month since I have had my upgrade approved and it's still not functional?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

HI jpm,

What Ben is saying is that we have not received that form, or you would have heard from us by now. Absolutely, the details that are provided on the form will allow us to look into the account and work out what is going on for sure, but we do need to get those details via that form for security reasons. 

If you could please submit those details again and let us know on this thread what the SR number is once completed, I'll organise to get this one looked at as soon as I can. 

Sam 

jpm

Hello Sam,

My I have completed the form, please note I have raised my concern with various Telstra Depts in an effor to resolve this as its now been inexcess of a month. SR number is below;

SR 1-152398011064

Regards

jpm

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the details - we'll be following up for you.

CGB1310

Telstra surely must be the most difficult or uncaring company to deal with in Australia.

I've never seen an organisation that doesn't simply have a central telephone contact. The automated voice systems, the international call centres, the web sites, the facebook pages, the Twitter link, all add up to 1 thing......customer frustration.

Very ordinary Telstra, very ordinary..........seems to say to me they have too many customers and the general attrition of losing a percentage of them is not a worry.

Even on this link when you Spellcheck.....it finds an error with 'Telstra'......hahaha, says it all

jpm

Hello Everyone,

I just thought I would keep you updated as it currently stands I'm now into the second month of Telstra being unable to completely sort out my account (both Internet download and billing charges) and really there is little sign of this changing much in the short term.

The crowd support team are yet to respond to any of the web forms that I have sent including the one that I did on Monday and as requested listed the "SR" number on the page.

It is amazing that for an out of contract long term customer a simple bundle upgrade can not happen Frustration to the maximum is the best output that is being produced by the "Telstra Team".

Fellow land line users be careful in whom you select as your provider, I run a Service Dept and if I behaved this way the company would be broke!

If you had the time you could spend countless hours going around in circles, which in the modern day few families have buckets of spare time, my intention is to keep this thread going so as others can beware of what they are getting into.

Lets see if Ben, Sam or Greg respond as each has indicated....

northernangler

How come the top of this thread states it has been solved.
Keep up the fight, you can win, it just takes a long long time.
jpm

Hi Everyone!

Excuse the delay but I've taken a two break from Telstra, which worked out well as nothing has changed to this point. I did get a phone call a few days ago to say they are still working on it..... Apparently there is an "outage" due to the NBN rollout, which I don't understand as I just need an increase in download allowance, I have still got the internet functioning when I last checked.

Thanks to those who have posted support, I want people to be aware of what you can expect from Telstra before you sign up. Thanks also to the Telstra Crowd support team who have posted here (there names are above), I have no contact from some of them and a little form one.

Cheers!

mallinss
Level 6: Bloodhound

Hi jpm,

I have just come back to the forums after a month or so, I have the same frustrations as you so I gave it a break for awhile.

I thought I would have a look at my previous posts and noted you had commented on one of those, so I took a look at where your at....

Have you got your issues sorted yet ?? Just curious.

So far, I am still stuck with Telstra on my 'out of contract' bundle (been a while out of contract), still can't upgrade to 500GB from 200GB or make any other change without having to re-contract for 24 months which I wont do and Telstra wont budge.

So, to date, the only services I have left ith Telstra is the bundle (200GB Home phone and internet with one mobile left on it)... I have moved all of my other services to Optus (1 x mobile and 2 x IPAD data)... as soon as I find another option for home internet I'm leaving Telstra for good.

Love there service, hate there attitude to loyal customers..... 

Despite crying out for help in these forums for some kind of outcome or response that actually gives them more money without havig to enter into a new contract, no response from them...

Anyway, I have wasted enough time on this, I hope your issues are finally sprted.

Steve

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now