CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Call Guardian 302

Does anybody know if you will lose all inputted contacts and allowed numbers in the Call Guardian 302 handset phone if there is a power failure, or it getts turned off? The manual doesn't mention anything about any backup security, and there doesn't appear to be any where to put in battery backup. I even contacted Telstra sales and they had never heard of the phone. I was then put through to to other tech departments who had never heard of the phone either!. That alone says something about Telstra right there.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Call Guardian 302

Handsets these days have the capacity to store data such as contact information even when they lose power. 

If there is a power outage, this should not affect the information stored within the handset, unless there is a power spike or some other damage caused to the handset. 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have a Telstra Call Guardian 302 corded phone.   I also have another Telstra corded phone which I have had for much longer with messagebank.   Can I have messagebank on both phones or should I disable the Call Guardian one?  I have had a lot of trouble with people ringing and trying to leave a message.   Can I just use the Call Guardian phone without any messaging - delete that part of it?  Or not enable it?

joand

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi wyangala2, welcome to CrowdSupport!

It'll depend what you mean by messagebank. If you're referring to an answering machine built into each phone, that is a case of one or the other, not both. So yes, you could deactivate the answering machine on the 302 and leave the other active, or vice versa.

If you mean our messagebank product, this is not stored on either device, but is accessed by calling into it from any phone on your line, in which case it is active on neither, but your service as a whole.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit