Highlighted
tcb1
Level 1: Cadet

Call Guardian Manual

Answered

Does anybody at Telstra proof read user manuals???  Apparently not

In the hard copy manual that  came with the Call Guardian  "Getting to know your telstra call guardian 302....

On page 14 it descibes the announce and answer modes and it says :  " Announce (all calls saved in your Contacts or Allow list must say their name......"

This does not make any sense at all - why have it if this is how it works.

But on Page 17 it says

"Announce - All calls NOT in your Contacts or Allow List must say their name....

So which is it ??   

I think option 2 is correct.  I would test this to make sure but I can't because although I ordered Caller ID when I ordered the call guardian caller id has yet to be activated (thats another story) .

Sigh!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sunjin
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Call Guardian Manual

Hi,

I just checked the manual and it goes like this: 

Call Guardian
The best way to stop unwanted calls is to know who’s at the other
end of the phone before you decide if you want to take it.

Your TCG302 has two Guardian modes to help you easily manage your
incoming calls in different ways. When set to:

Announce (all calls saved in your Contacts or Allow list must say their name,
those on your Blocked list will hear, “Calls to this number are being screened
by Telstra Call Guardian, the person you are calling is not accepting your call.
Please hang up”).

Answer phone (all calls not in your Contacts or Allowed list are sent straight to
the Answer phone, including those on your Blocked list).

I think what it means is that there are two modes of Call Guardian whenre you can select. Announce mode wherein all calls are being screened even the person calling is in the contact or allow list (except those who are blocked). By the word itself, all the calls are being "Announced" for notification purposes. Then you will be given an option to accept the call or not . All Blacklisted number will automatically be denied by the Call Guardian system. By doing this, you gradually build up
your lists of allowed and blocked numbers and your TCG302 will know how to deal with the call the next time it comes in.

Answer Phone mode virtually means you are turning the Call Guardian off. If this mode is being used, then it works like a normal, conventional landline phone. All calls not in your Contacts or Allowed list are sent straight to the Answer Phone including those on your Blocked list.

Hope this helps. If it is, kindly hit the Kudos button. Ta.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Sunjin
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Call Guardian Manual

Hi,

I just checked the manual and it goes like this: 

Call Guardian
The best way to stop unwanted calls is to know who’s at the other
end of the phone before you decide if you want to take it.

Your TCG302 has two Guardian modes to help you easily manage your
incoming calls in different ways. When set to:

Announce (all calls saved in your Contacts or Allow list must say their name,
those on your Blocked list will hear, “Calls to this number are being screened
by Telstra Call Guardian, the person you are calling is not accepting your call.
Please hang up”).

Answer phone (all calls not in your Contacts or Allowed list are sent straight to
the Answer phone, including those on your Blocked list).

I think what it means is that there are two modes of Call Guardian whenre you can select. Announce mode wherein all calls are being screened even the person calling is in the contact or allow list (except those who are blocked). By the word itself, all the calls are being "Announced" for notification purposes. Then you will be given an option to accept the call or not . All Blacklisted number will automatically be denied by the Call Guardian system. By doing this, you gradually build up
your lists of allowed and blocked numbers and your TCG302 will know how to deal with the call the next time it comes in.

Answer Phone mode virtually means you are turning the Call Guardian off. If this mode is being used, then it works like a normal, conventional landline phone. All calls not in your Contacts or Allowed list are sent straight to the Answer Phone including those on your Blocked list.

Hope this helps. If it is, kindly hit the Kudos button. Ta.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now