IrkedWithTelstr
Level 1: Cadet

Called ID Suddenly Stoped Working in May 2019

My home landline, the Caller ID stopped working, it just displays 'pick up phone'. I noticed this on May 18, 2019. I went online to my privacy settings to find it was turned off (NOT by me). I turned it back on.

My phone seldom rings, but it did today and there it was again, no caller ID ... it just displayed 'pick up phone' again. I went online to find the caller ID is still turned on. I'm paying for this service, yet it's stopped working ... much like Foxtel in this bundle I pay for.

I used to be able to rent movies, now I cannot. My cost hasn't gone down. I can only rent movies if I hook everything up to my computer. I wouldn't do that if they paid me! As it is, the TV gets disrupted constantly with the screen going to black, then to a static looking screen with a very loud static sound. They replace the box, that reduced the amount of times it happens, but it still happens. I certainly don't want Foxtel damaging my computer!

I could go on and on and on!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
IrkedWithTelstr
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Called ID Suddenly Stoped Working in May 2019

I forgot - When the caller ID happened again today and I went to the privacy settings (once I found it again, they don't make it easy) ... during that 20 to 30 minutes, I tried the online Chat and nobody came on ... 3 times! Calling support is a total nightmare. It takes forever to get through to anyone. Last time I called I was on hold for over 30 minutes before a person came online ... and they were of no help whatsoever!

Support Team
Support Team

Re: Called ID Suddenly Stoped Working in May 2019

Hey IrkedWithTelstr,

I can appreciate your concerns with the Caller ID issues you have mentioned in this thread and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused Smiley Sad What was the make and model of the handsets being used that were having these issues? What was the connection type that was being used for this home phone service as in were you connected to the NBN or not? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now