CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
52midnight
Level 1: Cadet

Can I connect to a landline using my mobile?

Answered

Alternatively, can a landline connect to a mobile> If so, how is it done and how are charges calculated? Thanks for any replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Can I connect to a landline using my mobile?

In most cases the answer is no but if you have a landline that is provided using VOIP and the service provider provides the SIP details you can install an VOIP app on a smart phone and use it to make calls using the landline, The calls will be charged at normal landline rates even if overseas but you use a small amount of data on each call. A normal landline phone can not be connected to a mobile network.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

In most cases the answer is no but if you have a landline that is provided using VOIP and the service provider provides the SIP details you can install an VOIP app on a smart phone and use it to make calls using the landline, The calls will be charged at normal landline rates even if overseas but you use a small amount of data on each call. A normal landline phone can not be connected to a mobile network.

View solution in original post

52midnight
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for that. I did a bit of searching and it appears that some sort of landline/mobile bridge is available in other countries, and accessed by dialing a code prior to the number.

No surprize that this isn't available here in Oz.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit