Highlighted
52midnight
Level 1: Cadet

Can I connect to a landline using my mobile?

Answered

Alternatively, can a landline connect to a mobile> If so, how is it done and how are charges calculated? Thanks for any replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Can I connect to a landline using my mobile?

In most cases the answer is no but if you have a landline that is provided using VOIP and the service provider provides the SIP details you can install an VOIP app on a smart phone and use it to make calls using the landline, The calls will be charged at normal landline rates even if overseas but you use a small amount of data on each call. A normal landline phone can not be connected to a mobile network.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

In most cases the answer is no but if you have a landline that is provided using VOIP and the service provider provides the SIP details you can install an VOIP app on a smart phone and use it to make calls using the landline, The calls will be charged at normal landline rates even if overseas but you use a small amount of data on each call. A normal landline phone can not be connected to a mobile network.
52midnight
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for that. I did a bit of searching and it appears that some sort of landline/mobile bridge is available in other countries, and accessed by dialing a code prior to the number.

No surprize that this isn't available here in Oz.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now