Ed25
Level 2: Rookie

Can I use another cordless phone .

I have 2 Telstra Easy Control 102 cordless phones.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Can I use another cordless phone .

A bit more information about what you are trying to do would help us answer type question.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ed25

I purchased from Telstra the Easy Control 102 cordless phone, comprising 2 phones. I connected one to my Telsra modem (nbn), and the other one in mum's bedroom. I wish to connect another phone in the kitchen. Do I need to buy another Easy Control 102 cordless phone, as above, and just use one of them?
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Ed25, thank you for your post.

Give our team a call on 13 22 00 and we will work out the best configuration to have this set up.

Let us know how you go.

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ed25

Thanks. I rang the number you provided and the chap suggested to either go to a Telstra shop or just purchase the Telstra Easy Control 102, which is the same product I purchased last week from Telstra, and use one of the phones as a third phone to place in the kitchen.
Support Team
Support Team

No worries, good stuff. If you ever have any questions feel free to reach out to us here any time.

Thank you.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ed25

I purchased a Telstra Easy Control 101 which I placed in the kitchen, as a third phone. Unfortunately, it does not work. Cannot make or receive calls. When I plugged it into the modem it worked fine, but the other two were not responsive.
Support Team
Support Team

If you need help connecting your cordless phone to the NBN call us on 1800 834 273 or
go to https://tel.st/qedgz

Let us know if this helps. 

Level 22: Superhuman

Can you please clearly clarify exactly how many actual base stations you have and how many handsets as your description is not clear. Did you just buy another complete base station and handset or just another handset ?only?
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Highlighted
Ed25

Originally I purchased 2 cordless phones together in one box, one of them being the base unit connected to the modem. Both of them work perfectly together. Then I purchased one more phone of the same model without the base unit, just a charging cradle. Unfortunately this phone would not interact with the other 2 phones.
Level 22: Superhuman

You'll need to ring the support phone number you should have as the extra handset will have to be coded to the base station
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now