CrowdSupport®
Harryfp
Level 2: Rookie

Can not received incoming calls after switcf to NBN

I can not received any incoming calls after swith to NBN (only from telstra techician or people using telstra service). I have done all trouble shooting and lodge a complain. The case manager never call me back or follow up the issue and every I spock with him, he just say refer to the technical team and ask me to wait. It has been a month that I can not receive any call and the complain is now going no where. Would anyone from here help. Regards

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Can not received incoming calls after switcf to NBN

Hi Harryfp,

This doesn't sound good, I am very sorry that something went wrong with your NBN connection 

If you happen to have an SR case number that you can share with me I can reach out to your case manager & ask that they contact you regarding this matter.

Angela

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Harryfp

Hi Angela

Thank you for your reply. the case manager called me this morning said a person from technical support team will call me today. But again, no one called me. The complain number is SR 1-2202363060589. It is very frustrated that the case manager always say someone from the techical team will call me and that is the end of the conversationt. I am also very suprise that there are a lot of people have the same issue, and Telstra still has no idea what the problem is. I appreciate if you would assist.

Harryfp

Hi Angela

Thank you for your reply. the case manager called me this morning said a person from technical support team will call me today. But again, no one called me. The complain number is SR 1-2202363060589. It is very frustrated that the case manager always say someone from the techical team will call me and that is the end of the conversationt. I am also very suprise that there are a lot of people have the same issue, and Telstra still has no idea what the problem is. I appreciate if you would assist.

@Angela_H wrote:

Hi Harryfp,

This doesn't sound good, I am very sorry that something went wrong with your NBN connection 

If you happen to have an SR case number that you can share with me I can reach out to your case manager & ask that they contact you regarding this matter.

Angela

Harryfp

Hi Angela

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that information, I've asked for your case manager to follow up on this for you as a matter of priority. Please let me know if you have any further trouble with this. -Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Level 22: Superhuman

Have you tried plugging in a different phone?

I had a similar issue which was resolved with a modern phone eg Panasonic cordless from JB HiFi a major Telstra dealer. A modem change was also useful

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Harryfp

Hi ProfessorPhone,

Thank you for your reply, I have tried this, it is not the phone issue.

Harryfp

Hi Dylan, 

I talked to Optus yesterday and they say that they are waiting on the phone number to actived by Telstra. I am not sure why Telstra didn't realise this. Would you ask them to activate the number for me as soon as possible?

Regards

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Harryfp,

Thanks for the extra info, before I pass this onto your case manager I just want to clarify a few things.

Could you explain to me how Optus comes into play in the matter of your order & was this something your case manager was across?

Angela

Level 22: Superhuman

You did not initially explain that you had ported from Optus.  That certainly changes things.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Harryfp

Hi Angela, 

The number was originally from Optus ADSL 2, and I change it to Telstra NBN, that is when the issue start. Telstra techician said the phone number is already with them, but Optus said the number has not been activated with Telstra, I am not sure which one is correct. The fact is I can only receive calls from telstra, but not other provider. I can not even switch back to optus now as the number was shown not active in their system. So I am stuck in the middle, not able to do anything with Telstra, not able to change to another provider since Telstra is being so slow in fixing it. And from Telstra's response, I do not feel they know where the issues are, no time frame was given, update was given.......going no where. 

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the extra info. Can I ask if when you contacted us it was considered that you were 'porting in' & did we handle both the connection with us & the disconnection with them?. Or did you contact them separately & ask for the old service to be cancelled once the new one was working? 

Angela 

Harryfp

I was considered I was port in with Telstra and I didn't contact Optus for anything from day 1 unitl yesterday. Becuase the phone was not originally under my name. I advised Telstra the phone number to be transferred and the associated Optus account detail when I buy the NBN with Telstra, and then I let Telstra to do whatever they need to for the connection. I asked the Optus account owner, which is the orignal phone number owner to check with Optus yesterday , just to make sure Optus did not reject the port. This is what Optus advise. 

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that extra info, please note that although I don't have account/order access I do have 25 years experience working here. 

If the names did not match when the orders were placed a port would not have been possible, I suspect this has lead to the cancellation of the phone number.

To explain further, you can only port a number if both names match up on the new & old accounts, if they do not it is suggested that you either a) do the name change before the port, or b) the old account holder does the port & it comes over in their name & you do the name change after. If there is a mismatch of names it is impossible to do a port. 

I suspect that your service was treated as a new connection order & was allocated a new number, in the mean time the previous account owner has asked to cancel the service & in turn that phone number that you wanted to keep is now stuck in the other companies system  (I can not look up your info to confirm this but I'd be quite sure this is what's happened based on what you've explained) 

If you have the order number the online tool should be able to clarify some of this for us https://tel.st/fxltu

Angela 

Harryfp

Hi Angela,

Thank you for your explanation. The order number number is 1-2182974593367, it shows that the order has been completed. Becasue I can make outgoing calls, it shows the correct phone number, no new number is assigned. In relation to different names for the phone number, I provide these details (name of the Optus account, account number, phone number )  to Telstra when I made the order, I think I should be notified by Telstra there will be an issue? 

Can you let me know what is the best way to approch this? should I ask the Optus owner to take the number back with Optus and then change name?

Regard

Support Team
Support Team

The online order tracker doesn't tell  me a lot sadly. I think at this point it would be best to speak with someone whom can 100% confirm my suspicions. I would suggest  using our online chat service & copy & paste into the chat what I've written & ask them if this what happened. Then you'll know if your number is stuck with Optus. I don't know what the next steps after that will be but understanding how things are right now will help us help you more forward. 

Here's the link for the chat team,  https://tel.st/hjbwd

Please let me know how you get on.

Angela 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now