Highlighted
Krammigs
Level 3: Gumshoe

Cannot turn off Messagebank 101

Answered

Trying to turn this thing off. What I have been reading on the Telsatr site does not seem to work.

This is not working for me. Can you assist please.

To deactivate Home Messages 101:

• Dial 101
  • Press 3 for mailbox set-up
  • Press #

When I press # it simply says - Please check the option and try again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Krammigs
Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot turn off Messagebank 101

I found it, all the Online info about how to do this completely wrong - about time Telstra updates their docs.

Go here -   telstra.com.au/MessageBank

It is an online fill out the form process, not via the phone process.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Krammigs
Accepted Solution

I found it, all the Online info about how to do this completely wrong - about time Telstra updates their docs.

Go here -   telstra.com.au/MessageBank

It is an online fill out the form process, not via the phone process.

tanky2
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for that information Krammigs,

I found the same out-of-date b.s.guide that you found,

And no, the hash button and press three did nothing for me

or mum's phone either.

I'll head to that page you've suggested, and see how I go.

Mouse30

Help press
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Mouse30 

You are best to speak with our 24x7 Billing Team  http://tel.st/hsc3 so they can place the order to turn Message bank off for you. 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

sueling007

Thank you so much, you have saved my sanity lol...........

Gordonh
Level 2: Rookie

Trying to use 24 hour chat or calling the support line is a painful, frustrating and total waste of time. What ever happened to ability to be able to do these simple tasks yourself using the home phone hand set?

TF62

If you have moved to the NBN dial  #99# .  This turns the message bank off.  Easy as - but took some searching to find it!!

Rocky4

Thank goodness for Crowd support, have just signed up. Telstra def need to update on google, after 2 days have done the hash 99  hash. I hate message bank, and so far not finding nbn any quicker, if so, its slower. Grrrr.😬😬😬

brs

I turned off the messagebank as all my incoming calls got diverted with no delay.  Now no one can dial in as it goes to the engaged signal.  How can I reinstate the messagebank? I can at least put a divert to my mobile.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

You can organise for Messagebank to be added to your service buy calling Sales on 13 22 00 or activate Telstra Home Messages 101 by dialling 101 on your phone - if you are able to call out.

It sounds like you have a fault on your phone service, so I would recommend that you try these troubleshooting steps http://telstra.com.au/fix and report the issues with your phone service by calling 13 22 03.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

LULU24

I have been plagued by Messagebank 101 on our home phone for a long time.  I have tried to turn it off by following the online instructions but nothing worked........UNTIL I found this site re going onto NBN recently.  I tried  #99#  and was surprised when I got a computerised voice telling me that Messagebank was off.  I certainly hope this is correct...only time will tell.  We already have an answering machine with our home phone.  So for anyone else who has this problem try   #99#   I hope it works for you.

MikeSmith

None of this stuff works. telstra.com.au/MessageBank...THIS WORKS

ralphyboy

this works just did it... thanks.

Fletch2

To turn off  message bank

Dial 101

Press 3 mailbox set up

Press *

Only turns message bank off temporarily not a permanent fix.

I need to call to have it permanently turn off.

Anyone know system 12 command to disable.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Fletch2,

If you're experiencing problems with deactivating your MessageBank service via the steps provided above, I would recommend speaking with our teams here: http://tel.st/hsc3 so that we can remove the MessageBank product on an account level.

Please let us know how you go with this

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Fletch2

I have already rang Telstra call centre to deactivate 101 message bank,will take 24 hours.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to us about this, @Fletch2.

Please keep us posted on how everything goes as the situation progresses

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

filbey

Brilliant, been pulling my hair out trying those other methods

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now