Highlighted
Sqirrell
Level 1: Cadet

Changed from F@st 5335 modem to Smart Modem lost phone connection

Answered

We have NBN FTTN and works quite well (apart from network interruptions). 

Changed over to the new Telstra Smart Modem DJ0230 but have lost our phone connection. "Phone" light won't light on new modem:-(  Works fine when old modern put back into service.

Waaaaaiiiiiiiiting......for Telstra NBN faults to sort out but not much faith after hour+ phone call.

Any ideas how to get new modem to get phone configuration? "Mygateway" shows no info for "Telephone numbers".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Changed from F@st 5335 modem to Smart Modem lost phone connection

That has to be done by Telstra support. When Telstra sent the modem it should have been recorded, if the incorrect number was recorded it will have to be corrected by Telstra support.
It could also be a faulty modem either way you will have to contact Telstra support.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4

You can try a factory reset by pressing the reset button located beneath pin hole below power button. Press for at least 10 seconds while gateway is on. Gateway should reboot..
If this doesn't work then it is probably because the new gateway's S/N has not been recorded in your account.
Sqirrell

Thanks for the reset suggestion....no change, still no phone.
Any ideas on how the gateway's s/n is registered against my account?
Accepted Solution

That has to be done by Telstra support. When Telstra sent the modem it should have been recorded, if the incorrect number was recorded it will have to be corrected by Telstra support.
It could also be a faulty modem either way you will have to contact Telstra support.
Sqirrell

Oh no! :-) :-)
Telstra Support is who I was speaking with for much of the day but there was no mention of s/n being needed (although some mis-configuration seemed fairly obvious to me). 1st tier support seemed stuck on getting the phone to work over DECT (even though it was hard wired into the modem). They even suggested the "phone" light only comes on when a handset is connected :-(

I guess I'll just have to wait for the slow off-shore Telstra support machine to work and hopefully raise the issue with a higher level of support.

If only there was a way of by-passing the off-shore support and getting to the next tier of support that actually knows how to fix things (as opposed to reading scripts without much product knowledge).

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now