CrowdSupport®
kiwitrains
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Charactures

Just got a Telstra 301 Guardian Cordless Phone and for the life of me I cannot find how to change charactures for instance putting a + in front of phone numbers can anyone help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Charactures

Have you tried inserting a symbol by pressing the pressing scroll calls key until insert symbol is highlighted, then press select, use the navigation buttons to highlight the symbol you want and then select Use?

See page 62 of manual.

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/support/pdf/home-phone/Telstra-Call-Gaurdian-30...

kiwitrains

When in the contacts page if you scroll down you don’t get the symbols so I cannot get a + for the telephone numbers.

What happens when you press the Menu button (Left Options Button) when editing a contact?
kiwitrains

You only get the save option.

kiwitrains

Well that’s just great there are only upper and lower case letters nothing else, so no + for international numbers, so what happens when you have put 0011 in front of the number does this unit recognise this on incoming calls, not very satisfactory.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi kiwitrains,

to enter the international number in your phones storage, put in a 0 in place of the + infront of the international country code. For example 061 instead of +61.

Also just wanted to let you know that you can add a caller to your block list during a call. If you have already answered the call and you want to block the number press . If the number is displayed you have the option to select “Yes” and the number will be added to the blocked numbers list and the call will end. Or select No to go back to the caller.

-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

kiwitrains

Thank you for that I will try it, could you tell me why you can only do the blocking from the base phone.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit