Mesra
Level 1: Cadet

Clarification needed regarding Fixed Land Line (Copper) & VOIP home phones

Can someone please advise if it is possible to revert to having a fixed land line (Copper) after having NBN connected and currently using VOIP home phone?  

I need a normal fixed land line now as I cannot receive phone calls from someone due to there being restrictions as he is in a correctional facility in Victoria and VOIP numbers are not approved to be called from the facility.  I have no idea why these numbers are restricted I'm not sure what it is that could be a potential security risk calling one.  

Mesra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Clarification needed regarding Fixed Land Line (Copper) & VOIP home phones

I think you have been given false information about VOIP numbers being restricted. Most if not all  NBN VOIP phone services are treated as normal landlines and there is no way the prison authorities could tell wether the number dialled is using copper wires or is using VOIP.

Once you are on NBN it is not possible to revert to a copper landline. In some areas with fixed NBN radio and satellite people can keep there copper landline.

Shashidhar
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Clarification needed regarding Fixed Land Line (Copper) & VOIP home phones

Hi There,
Good Day!

Once you moved to NBn there is no possibility to move to Copper line again.In case of HFC connection where the services are not up to the mark. There nmight be a possibilty.

For more details you can check with support team on 132200
Regards,
Reddy

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer.

Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more