CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ajb23
Level 1: Cadet

Conection charges

How do you convince Telstra customer service that charges made to landlines for International calls that do not result in a connection to a voice at other end should not be charged . Telstra believe that as you are using their lines that an extra $30.00 per month is fair for no voice connection. No wonder they make excessive profits

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Conection charges

If I am reading your enquiry correctly, then it appears as though you are saying that you are being charged a connection fee/flagfall for international calls that you say don't actually connect.

There can be a few reasons this occurs. One common one is that in some countries, the carriers treat a call as connected once it enters their network, rather than when the B-party answers the call. So rather than sending a 'progress tone' to the Telstra systems to signify it as just ringing, they send through the signal that says the connection has been made.

This results in Telstra, and by extension you, being charged for the call.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit