Highlighted
fpo
Level 1: Cadet

Constant home line drop outs

Answered

I am feed up with the ridiculous LACK of service I am receiving from Telstra. We have had constant issues with our landline which are fixed for a sort time and then return. The latest is after three minutes on both incoming or out going calls the phone makes terrible scratching noises and then drops out. It would be great to be able to contact Telstra to log this issue but my landline won't work long enough to get to the speaking with a human stage and as we are in Central NSW we do not have mobile phone coverage.  I have tried to find away to log the issue online but after three hours of going around in circles on the Telstra site I was unable to find a way. My mother rang Telstra on my behalf but came up against a brick wall when trying to get the customer service personnel to understand that I couldn't ring them to tell them the issue as I dont have a working landline and have no mobile coverage in my area.  The end result after she tried repeatedly to explain the situation was that they refused to allow her to log the problem with my phone. 

My husband works away so I am on the property with my four children by myself and last weekend when this all started again my daughter who is unwell was on gate leave from the hospital for the weekend. Given that the hospital is an hour and a quarter away the need to have a working phone in case I had needed to contact them was impairative. My mother tried to explain this to Telstra but "Chris" the Indian customer service representative told her there was nothing they could do until I reported the fault. 

What at on earth happened to descent customer service or at the very least employing people that understand the geographical issues with mobile phone coverage in Australiia. We don't all live in a capital city and have the benefit of being able to access services like mobile phones or the Internet. I'm beginning to think that if you live anywhere west of the Blue Mountains you might as well be living in a third world country. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Constant home line drop outs

There is a link to report a fault if you don't have another way to report it, but it is at the end of the troubleshooting.

To save you some time, here it is:

https://service.telstra.com.au/general/home-phone-fault

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

There is a link to report a fault if you don't have another way to report it, but it is at the end of the troubleshooting.

To save you some time, here it is:

https://service.telstra.com.au/general/home-phone-fault

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
fpo
Level 1: Cadet

Dear Jupiter

Thank you so much for that. I have no doubt that I will be utilising that link regularly in the future given the wonderful service we have out here. 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now