akosiinday
Level 1: Cadet

Cordless phone can't connect to a modem

Answered

Hi, just bought a new Uniden XDECT 8315 phone, it says wifi friendly and NBN compatible. but there's no way i could connect it to wifi and can't pair it with the modem. can anyone help me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Cordless phone can't connect to a modem

You should be able to plug the base into one of the green phone ports on the modem. When they say it is NBN compatible they mean that it will work with the base plugged into the RJ11/12 phone port on a NBN compatible.
I don't think you can connect a handset relentlessly to the modem as there are no menu options for registering the handset. The handset has to be placed in the base to register handset to the base.
Page 36 of manual https://www.uniden.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/XDECT_83151_OM.pdf
Only handsets that support DECT 2.0 and have a registration setting in the menu can connect wirelessly to the DECT base in the modem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Cordless phone can't connect to a modem

You should be able to plug the base into one of the green phone ports on the modem. When they say it is NBN compatible they mean that it will work with the base plugged into the RJ11/12 phone port on a NBN compatible.
I don't think you can connect a handset relentlessly to the modem as there are no menu options for registering the handset. The handset has to be placed in the base to register handset to the base.
Page 36 of manual https://www.uniden.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/XDECT_83151_OM.pdf
Only handsets that support DECT 2.0 and have a registration setting in the menu can connect wirelessly to the DECT base in the modem.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now