CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
tnjz
Level 3: Gumshoe

Disconnected home service

Answered
So yesterday I drove past my local substation near my house where I saw an unmarked telco working on the box. Not long after my wife txted me to say our internet was down. I got home later to discover not only was internet down but fixed phone line was down also. I rang telstra who did a check and they deemed.it a problem on their end.

Now the issue. It is easter and seems like telstra dont and cant operate over a holiday period but now they wa t me to be home in 4 days time. Not good enough especially when i have kids on holidays a d enjoy online gaming with their mates. Telstra couldnt even tell if anyone had accessed the substation which is even worse and when there was.no matkings on the car that was there it makes it even worse but again I have an issue which should be resolved ASAP. If i ddnt have a mobile i wouldnt.be able to ring for an ambulancw or fire brigade. Not good enough.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tnjz
Accepted Solution

Re: Disconnected home service

Was so good to finally get our internet and phone connection back again but not without any hassles. Firstly i have had to take half a day off work to be home even though I knew there was no reason to be home as thr fault was caused by the technician who was at the substation on Easter Saturday. The fault has now been determined as expected at the root cause at the substation and i did not need to take a half day off at work and that the problem should had been rectified a lot sooner than it has taken especially as the fault was at your end. I also beleive thay if an appoinment was made then it woukd be easier to talk to a person from Australia who I can understand and someone who.can understand me. Having someone from Mumbai asking me how the weather is in Australia was not what I needed over Easter when the kids went all weekend with no internet.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello tnjz, 

I am very sorry to hear about the network interruption that you are experiencing with. I understand that this can be very frustrating especially during this time of the year. However, I understand that we have organised an appointment for a technician to come out and have this resolved. The following date provided would be the earliest possible based on the technician workload. 

Please do let us know how you go once the appointment has been completed. 

Will hear from you then. 

- Simone

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

tnjz

A technician to come out in 4 days time is not good enough especially when it was the technician that caused the fault. Being in Canberra and knowing the many contracts telstra have for various companies and govt organisations Telstra would have a technician available. If the techician was there at 1800hrs on easter saturday then i am sure the same technician can come out and resolved the issue. This is just not good enough.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Completely understand that this current situation has been very frustrating. However, we are trying to have this resolved as soon as possible. Therefore, the date provided would be the earliest possible at this current time. 

- Simone

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

tnjz
Accepted Solution

Was so good to finally get our internet and phone connection back again but not without any hassles. Firstly i have had to take half a day off work to be home even though I knew there was no reason to be home as thr fault was caused by the technician who was at the substation on Easter Saturday. The fault has now been determined as expected at the root cause at the substation and i did not need to take a half day off at work and that the problem should had been rectified a lot sooner than it has taken especially as the fault was at your end. I also beleive thay if an appoinment was made then it woukd be easier to talk to a person from Australia who I can understand and someone who.can understand me. Having someone from Mumbai asking me how the weather is in Australia was not what I needed over Easter when the kids went all weekend with no internet.

View solution in original post

tnjz

So when a problem occurs a response is made relatively quickly but then once the issue has been resolved we hear nothing even after a number of complaints from both my wife and I have made.

How long should we expect it to take before some contact had been made? My wife feels maybe she had missed a couple of calls mayne from Telstra and if they are then why not just leave a message or send a text.

I beleive the issue we have had over Easter was totally unacceptable and we should be compensated especially as the fault was caused by one of you technicians. We should not have had to wait for as long as we did until our issue was resolved.

We will wait a little longer for a response hopefully from someone from the complaints we have made.
Support Team
Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that @tnjz,

Do you have a reference number for the complaint you lodged about this? If you can let me know what that is I may be able to follow up on this for you.

tnjz

Both my wife and I submitted one online but dont remember receiving a reference number at all. I checked my email to see if I got anything but nothing there. I know we got a reference number for the initial job lodged but I currently dont have access to that now.
Support Team
Support Team

In that case this sounds like something that may be best handled by our formal complaints process, which we have more information on here:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Services-KB/Lodging-a-complaint-with-Telstra/ta-p/6818...

That way we can get a case manager assigned to you to follow this through until it is resolved.

tnjz

This was were I submitted my complaint hence why I asked how long does it normally take to hear something back?
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

When a complaint is submitted it should take no longer than two business days.
tnjz

Ah well looks like as usual it has gone missing in Telstra's network or ended up in a junk mail folder. It is pretty dissapointing especially after the fault was clearly made by them but have had nothing back from them . Only bit is what I have done here and a survey my wife got to give them an honest opinion on how Telstra went. We did that tonight so we will wait and see if anyone reads it.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now