CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
PeterSherwood
Level 1: Cadet

Disconnecting my Home Phone

Answered

Hi

Just wondering if I can disconnect my home phone becasue I only use cable braodband and mobiles.  Can this be done and does it save me any money?

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Takadiurga
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Disconnecting my Home Phone

Hi Peter,

With cable you should be able to disconnect your home phone. Run it past one of our 24x7 Consultants just before you do though. So they can see on our system whether or not that will affect any of your other services that might be relying on it.

24x7 Chat Link: https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

In terms of saving you money, you can also speak to the consultant about this. They will be able to tell you how much you're currently paying and if any of our "Broadband Collection" Bundles (Which is internet only, and no home phone) would be a cheaper option.

Hope you get it sorted mate!
Taka
Telstra Customer Advisor

I am a Telstra Employee but volunteer on this forum in my own spare time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent Telstra's policies or values.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Takadiurga
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Disconnecting my Home Phone

Hi Peter,

With cable you should be able to disconnect your home phone. Run it past one of our 24x7 Consultants just before you do though. So they can see on our system whether or not that will affect any of your other services that might be relying on it.

24x7 Chat Link: https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

In terms of saving you money, you can also speak to the consultant about this. They will be able to tell you how much you're currently paying and if any of our "Broadband Collection" Bundles (Which is internet only, and no home phone) would be a cheaper option.

Hope you get it sorted mate!
Taka
Telstra Customer Advisor

I am a Telstra Employee but volunteer on this forum in my own spare time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent Telstra's policies or values.

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit