CrowdSupport®
Gaz21
Level 2: Rookie

Duet multiple number suddenly stopped working

Hi,

I have had Duet multiple number on my home phone for many years & suddenly it has stopped working (I don't have NBN so it is not related to that).

I called Telstra & she didn't really seem to understand what I was talking about but said it was no longer available.

Is this true?

I have still been billed for it recently n advance so I thought Telstra would have provided some notice about discontinuation of this feature.

My duet number just says it has been disconnected if I try to call it from my mobile.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Gary.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Duet multiple number suddenly stopped working

Duet was removed as a service on the 30th September 2019 (due to it being incompatible with NBN services - Telstra are progressively removing features that aren't compatible with NBN services and this was one of the last), you should have been notified about this around February this year from memory when it was announced. Would have been easy to miss.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Gaz21
Level 2: Rookie

Interesting.

I checked back & no mention of cancellation on any of my past bills.

I was still included on my last bill of 27th October too.

jhwiz
Level 5: Eagle Eye

It was sent out as an email/SMS depending on your preferences titled "Some fixed line features are ending" namely Fax duet, Call Control, Call Forwarding etc. all features not worth maintaining as not supported on nbn.

jhwiz

P.S they will give you a pro-rated credit for the unused portion of the fax duet add on depending on the date it was disconnected so look out for that on your next bill. Believe the monthly cost was $6.00

BePete
Level 1: Cadet

I have also have discovered my Duet has been removed and I received no notification. Very poor form Telstra. Where has customer service gone?

jhwiz

@BePete As previously "It was sent out as an email/SMS depending on your preferences titled "Some fixed line features are ending" ". However, you may have missed the notification, double check Telstra have your up to date details what what contact method you prefer.

Bondi2
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Gary - yes same thing just happened to us - having had a duet line for the past nine years it was suddenly - and without any notice from Telstra - disconnected. I have just gotten off the phone from Telstra - the duet is apparently not supported by NBN (needs copper wire) and Telstra apparently wasn't aware of that! If you want a second phone line into your house with NBN through Telstra, the fee is almost $300. The Telstra complains guy just told me they have had lots of complaints about this - he said their system isn't set up to notify users that the duet was being cancelled!

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now