ChelseaDame
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Fault Tracker not being kept up up to date

We recently reported a fault on our home phone for the 3rd time in two months! I received an SMS with the fault number for me to track promising resolution by 13 August, today is the 16 and the tracker is still saying 13 August ( granted they didn't say what year).

I called 132203 and listened to the automated voice telling me the same thing, then spoke to a lady in India, she checked it out 7 told me it was part of a wider outage & that it should be fixed by 19 August. I thanked her and told her that she should report to the powers at be that they need to update the tracker info to save customers having to call. However I don't think she comprehended what I was saying, as she just kept telling me it will be fixed by the 19 August.

My son & his partner are moving out and have asked me if I would recommend Telstra as a phone & internet service especially when it comes to customer service, how can I really recommend Telstra as  provider when I can only give their customer service 2 out of 10 most times, partly due to the difficulty in understanding some of the staff with heavy accents & also they inability to handle a query which is out of the box?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Fault Tracker not being kept up up to date

@ChelseaDame I agree with you, that tracker has never been reliable. Often failing to be updated.

Go Tiges!
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Fault Tracker not being kept up up to date

Hi ChelseaDame, 

Sorry to hear of the frustration with your service having an outage. The outage page will generally show an issue when a larger amount of customers are affected and may not show for an area without a lot of customers experiencing issues. If our outage page isn't showing anything reported, our tech team will be able to check on the area and confirm the ETA this will be back. Sorry for any frustration caused and please reach out anytime. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now