Highlighted
billygoat59
Level 3: Gumshoe

Had message bank turned off now LandLine Phone does not ring.

Answered

Hi all

Somehow I had telstra Message Bank activated. Don't know how as I or my wife did not request it.

Anyway I went to life chat and was instructed to ring #99# to turn off,which a recorded voice tells me it is turned off.

If I ring 101 I am told no messages,so still working.

I can ring out without any problem,but can not ring phone now all I get is a busy signal on my wife's mobile.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Had message bank turned off now LandLine Phone does not ring.

Messagebank is a standard feature on phone services and comes enabled by default.

Ring 1800 834 273 if you are on an NBN service, or 132200 if you are on an old style service and ask the consultant to remove Messagebank from your service (remove, not turn off). This should fix the problem. It is a relatively common problem that occurs on NBN services.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
billygoat59
Accepted Solution

Hi
Rang 1800 834 273 person on end of very helpful. Went through all the tests was told, I had a dodgy phone. I thought fair enough old phone, went and bought a new phone.

Still had same problem. Rang back again ans told again it was a problem in the phone,Told them I have now tried 3 phones, but persisted it was the phone, but eventually I was put up to Level 2 Help.
Was asked to do a reset of modem and now all is working okay.
Did not really need a new phone after all.
Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Messagebank is a standard feature on phone services and comes enabled by default.

Ring 1800 834 273 if you are on an NBN service, or 132200 if you are on an old style service and ask the consultant to remove Messagebank from your service (remove, not turn off). This should fix the problem. It is a relatively common problem that occurs on NBN services.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
billygoat59

Thanks Jupiter very much appreciated.

I will give them a call.

Cheers
billygoat59
Accepted Solution

Hi
Rang 1800 834 273 person on end of very helpful. Went through all the tests was told, I had a dodgy phone. I thought fair enough old phone, went and bought a new phone.

Still had same problem. Rang back again ans told again it was a problem in the phone,Told them I have now tried 3 phones, but persisted it was the phone, but eventually I was put up to Level 2 Help.
Was asked to do a reset of modem and now all is working okay.
Did not really need a new phone after all.
Cheers

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more