CrowdSupport®
plumtreed
Level 6: Bloodhound

Handset not delivered after 2 weeks, not able to find out what to expect.

Everything seemed to be going as planned.....on Sep26 I ordered a simple Telstra handset, no not the latest 'in demand' unit, just a cheap simple Telstra Handset.

After 4-5 days I thought I should do some tracking. I found that Trackfast did not deliver because of an invalid address......the Invoice/email bears the correct delivery address......but OK things happen. Now I find it impossible to get any sensible answers from Telstra. My tracking number doesn't seem to work nor do the Telstra people I phone make any sense.

Is there a phone number to talk to somebody at Telstra who would be able to give me a sensible and accurate Idea of what is happening to my order?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Handset not delivered after 2 weeks, not able to find out what to expect.

The online sales support team on 1800 676 642 should be able to help.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

plumtreed

Thank you for that info.......

I have called that number previously but do not find they are very determined in their support and, on occasion, they have promised to call back but usually don't.

Do you know of a way of dealing with a person capable of sorting things or delivering an 'factual' response?

plumtreed

.....also wonder why this has been moved....this is about a mobile phone not a home phone hand set.....perhaps it can be moved again to a board reflecting this. Perhaps it could go back to where I put it in the first place.

I need help getting the 'Telstra 4GX Smart Black'  I ordered on Sep26 or securing a refund.....I feel I am up against a brick wall!

I would like to talk to someone about when they may deliver and, if that is not soon, how do I effect a refund?

If you are having issues with the online sales team and the standard support teams then it might be worth speaking to the complaints team, they should be able to look into it and go over it with you and the relevant teams to hopefully help you get it sorted. https://telstra.com/complaints
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

plumtreed

Dear DrQwerty

I have been in touch with the complaints team....they have sent an email but when I try to follow up by phone with them they ask me to make 'a time' to speak to my complaint manager.....I get transfered but the line just drops out or goes blank ???

I am completely in the dark as to what is going on with my order and I cannot get an answer that can be trusted. I don't even have an order number that is effective.

Do you have a contact person that we could describe as not  'off-shore' capable of honestly providing correct information about my order?.......pleaseSmiley Happy

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Plumtreed,

When you lodged your complaint did you receive an SR reference number? If so can you please provide that to me and I'll request for your case manager to get in touch with you ASAP.

-Chris

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

plumtreed

Hi Chris,

Complaint reference SR 1-934075542746

Thanks for your help......pity it has gone this farSmiley Sad
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for providing that for me however the complaint is closed as resolved. If you feel this has not been resolved to your satisfaction please let me know and I'll request for this to be reopened ASAP.

-Chris

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

plumtreed

Hi Chris,

The complaint will not be settled or closed until the phone is delivered or I receive a refund........how could anybody consider it closed and take the steps necessary to shut It down. This just underlines the terrible response I have been getting to my questions.

If it is worth it, yes, please have it reopened.......but really, can you please find out what is happening with my order. Is it being delivered still? Is it on backorder? Is a refund cheque being sent? Is there an valid order/invoice number?

I really appreciate you taking the time.....

Thanks Ken

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I'm not able to access your account so I can't look into this in detail however I have emailed the case manager and their team leader requesting for this to be reopened and contact made ASAP.

Let me know how you go.

-Chris

plumtreed

Thanks Chris-

I would love to go back to that day when I ordered, entirely on impulse, a new phone from Telstra online. It certainly won't happen again........

I appreciate your help with this and hope somthing positive results from your contact..........recent experience suggests not ;(

Regards Ken

plumtreed

I got a response from the case manager who obviously made a determined effort, first of all, to contact me, and, secondly, to find a handset to supply......even offering other models within reason.

Oddly, there was nothing availableSmiley Sad.............but at least she was in touch and tried to help.

Thanks Chris,........ being in contact with the case manager allows me to sort things out and know what is happening. I guess there has been a lot of activety around the IPhone7 release but this can hardly be an excuse for not supplying what should be a basic stock unit.

Frankly, I don't mind going on 'backorder' provided a possible supply date is provided......a new phone is not critical in my life!

.........I will advise as things move alongSmiley Wink

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for updating us. I am sorry to hear you still don't have a handset, but I am happy that your case manager has been in touch, and I am sure she will do whatever she can to assist you. 

Look forward to hearing back from you as the situation develops, and please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further issues. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

plumtreed

It has been more than three weeks since ordering my inexpensive but apparently adequate handset described as a Telstra 4 GX Black. It was almost delivered on Sep 28 but failed because I live at an 'invalid' address. When I phoned an outfit called Trackfast to provide help in finding me I was told the phone would soon arrive!

I get occasional reassurance from the complaints department and they suggest they are searching for a phone for me.

We shop at Coles and they have a very similar, cheaper phone for sale which is locked to a different provider..........if Telstra  won't provide a phone or my money back and I buy this phone I will be setup immediately for a reasonable sum. I would only have to update Android which is probably easy to doSmiley Wink

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Can completely appreciate your position. What did you case manager advise the last time you spoke to them?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

plumtreed

She appeared sincere and suggested she was looking for a phone or a re[placement.....all very nice...but there is more to life then waiting for a phone! Just time to move on with things.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I am sorry to hear this, but certainly understand your position considering the circumstances. If there is anything we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now