CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Home phone + ADSL service activation and installation

Answered

Hi

My property is newly build and i went to different vendor for a home phone + ADSL, after long wait when the Telstra technician came in, he foound out that copper cable (CAT5) came out of the wall of premise and conduit end from telstra is far away, and the cable was floating on the ground. he was unable to connect the service and wanted that pipe to be aligned where cable came out. so new conduit has been installed by digging the yard to Telstra street port. now i signed up with Telstra and service activation date is 28 Sept. i repeatedly called Telstra to send a technician and they are saying based on my order a technician is not required, if i still want the visit it gonna cost me a lot. but i am sure Telstra needs to send a technician for the service installation. i dont want to have any delay for the service and dont want to hear that a tech visit is needed on the activation date. can someone please advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Home phone + ADSL service activation and installation

If the cable hasn't been connected to the pit and the house then a Technician will be required.

Call 132200 and speak to the new connections team and explain that the cable from the street has not been connected to the house yet.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Home phone + ADSL service activation and installation

If the cable hasn't been connected to the pit and the house then a Technician will be required.

Call 132200 and speak to the new connections team and explain that the cable from the street has not been connected to the house yet.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit