CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Home phone line out

I've had no home phone since the severe storm a couple of nights ago just a buzzing sound on the line. I've checked for outages in the area and first up  it said yes there was but now it's saying no outages in the area and I'm still without my home phone. I ran the automated testing and did all the usual turn off and disconnect as suggested but still no luck. Anyone know how I can get assistance without having to sit on the phone waiting to talk to someone.I have priority assist on my home phone.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 17: Bureau Chief
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Re: Home phone line out

Hi - if you are not on the NBN, your telephone line may have sustained water damage in the pit which would require a technicians visit. If you are on the NBN, Telstra should be able to remotely diagnose the problem and also send out a technician or replacement equipment if applicable.

Are you able to access the online Telstra Chat service - they should be able to escalate the matter for you given that you have Priority Assistance. 

Highlighted

Still have no phone. I am not on the NBN, got onto the chat line last night and spoke to someone who transferred me to a manager who transferred me to the faults dept then the mobile dropped out and they didn't bother to get back to me so still no phone and I suppose I have to go through it all again. I supplied them with the fault report number and they said they couldn't find it. Can't see the point in online fault reporting if no one takes any notice.We have had this problem before after heavy rain and wind so it's not new. Very frustrating.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Calling 132203 (free call from Telstra mobile) is the best way to get it logged properly (including the fact that you are Priority Assist).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

My mobile is not a Telstra mobile and it's just about out of money so can't afford to be hanging on for hours waiting to talk to them, that's why I tried the chat room and they rang me back.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit