JL39
Level 1: Cadet

Home phone line

Answered

I am purchasing a new home phone, prior to connecting it I would like assurance that the line is completely clear of add ons such as telstra message bank etc.When I did this previously telstra message cut in first and disabled the new phones answering system.There were also other issues indicating the phone number allocated by telstra had been previously issued.

JL39

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Home phone line

Hello

When you order your new service, please make it clear you do not want voicemail.

Almost all Telstra numbers have been previously used, though they have to be in quarrantine for 6 months.

It is luck of the draw if it was a heavily used number.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Home phone line

Hello

When you order your new service, please make it clear you do not want voicemail.

Almost all Telstra numbers have been previously used, though they have to be in quarrantine for 6 months.

It is luck of the draw if it was a heavily used number.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now