Highlighted
senor
Level 2: Rookie

Home phone on NBN

Answered

My home phone is via the nbn modem - can I conect a standard phone when I go away and leave the nbn modem turned off ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Home phone on NBN

To access message bank from mobile dial your number as soon as you hear the message bank greeting press 9 then enter your password and follow the prompts.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

If you go away you cannot connect normal phone to wall phone socket and turn modem. The phone service is no longer delivered as a separate analogue signal over the copper wires. It is delivered as part of the digital data and a modem is required to convert the signal back to a normal analogue signal compatible with a normal phone which can be plugged into green phone socket on the back of the modem.

It is okay to turn modem off while away. If the modem is turned off all incoming calls will be redirected to message bank.

senor

Thank you for that - how do I access the message bank remotely from my mobile ?
Accepted Solution

To access message bank from mobile dial your number as soon as you hear the message bank greeting press 9 then enter your password and follow the prompts.
senor

Thank you very much for your help :-)

@senor
I made a mistake in previous post, With NBN dial # at the greeting not 9 to retrieve the messages.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now