Alvg3
Level 1: Cadet

Home phone set up with nbn

Answered

just moved to the nbn and trying to set up the home phone. Do I need a DSL filter or can I connect to the old line.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Home phone set up with nbn

For most NBN connections the phone must be plugged directly into the green phone port on the back of modem or if you have DECT 2.0 Wireless up to 5 handsets can be paired with DECT 2.0 base in the modem.

It is only on some fixed wireless NBN connections that the phone will work plugged into the existing phone wall sockets.

You don't need a DSL filter.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Home phone set up with nbn

For most NBN connections the phone must be plugged directly into the green phone port on the back of modem or if you have DECT 2.0 Wireless up to 5 handsets can be paired with DECT 2.0 base in the modem.

It is only on some fixed wireless NBN connections that the phone will work plugged into the existing phone wall sockets.

You don't need a DSL filter.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now