CrowdSupport®
testa
Level 1: Cadet

Home phone stopped working 30/5/2018 as at 12/08/2018 sitll not fixed

On the 30/05/2018 my home phone stopped working. I've been ringing almost every day for about  2 weeks. We did modem reset about 6 times , turned modem off , replaced modem and nothing was working. Sent a technician and found that all my connections were ok. Then got a case manager and could not do anything. Sent a Telstra technician checked everything and organised for NBN technician to come. He replaced the connection wire from outside the house to the NBN box he found that the signal was not strong enough. Rang his office did more line testing and found out that my home number that I had for over 40 years had been restricted and to tell Telstra about it. He sent a report as well. They were never able to get working. Then they did after 2 months a new connection with a different phone number and new E-mail address. Because I was interstate at the time thety wanted to close my complaint after 2 days. Then they said that we had to switch off the modem for 2 minutes and restart it . I got my son to do it for me but before he did it he had to change the connection in the NBN box going to the modem. This time on the 12/08/2018 the telephone started working again. Now I am still waiting as at the 5/09/2018 if they can give me back my old number and E-mail address. I have been a customer of Telstra since 1974. We are very disappointed of the service supplied

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Home phone stopped working 30/5/2018 as at 12/08/2018 sitll not fixed

Thanks for the post and feedback @testa

It is not good to read of the poor experience you have had with your NBN service and that the matter has dragged on for so long. I apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused.

I hope that your old service details can be returned to you, please don't hesitate to let us know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now