CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Homephone fault reported

My home phone is out of order, I can't receive or make calls.  I reported it online on Tuesday and an automated reference number was issued.  It is now Thursday and the Telstra app does not list my phone out of order.

I still have an old copper landline which is not being updated to nbn, it's not available here.  Our local exchange regularly breaks down during the wet season, so I can guess what the problem is, it happens every year, and the original static on the line after heavy rains was the first warning sign.  

I understand the current crisis and loss of workers, the extended wait time for calls, etc.  I would just like to check that my report has been logged and is at least in the system.  I don't mind the length of time for it to be fixed under the current circumstances, I just would like to know where I am in the cue, and if I am in the cue.

Hoping someone can help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Homephone fault reported

We have the same issue here in Perth 6110. I run a small business and my phone line cant receive or make calls. I cant even divert the line, tried online app and troubleshooting but advises to contact call centre which is now closed? Goto the store and they advise same thing..now not sure what to do...

Highlighted

Same, my phone has a message on screen saying “check phone line”.  Have tried the app and troubleshooting, which say no outage.  Tried calling a few times and says I’ve called outside office hours when I’m calling during the day.  Very frustrating, can’t even contact to invert to mobile while the home line is out of service

Highlighted

Also have similar problem in port Stephens, had nbn contractors installing fibre in our street now both phone & internet dropped out Monday with showing "line in use" message, been unable to log a fault after jumping through all the hoops on the website to find out at the end have to call 132203 to log a fault, only to find out after more hoop jumping and waiting that the call centre closed......So how do we log a fault with your indian call center now Telstra??

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit