Highlighted
Yna
Level 2: Rookie

How can I Set up a firewall rule on a TG797n v3

Answered

hi

Our home automation installer has advised us to set up a firewall rule on our static IP, I have been trying to get in contact with Telstra but after being passed on to so many technical support numbers, I have had no luck in finding a solution to my dilemna. So, I hope I can be able to find some answers in here.

Rein

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: How can I Set up a firewall rule on a TG797n v3

Hey Yna,

The TG797n has a very basic in modem firewall, so I'm not sure if this is going to suit your needs.

To get to the firewall settings:

- Go to 10.0.0.138

- Select 'Firewall' under 'Toolbox'

- Select 'Configure' in top Right

It has one of three options listed there. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey Yna,

The TG797n has a very basic in modem firewall, so I'm not sure if this is going to suit your needs.

To get to the firewall settings:

- Go to 10.0.0.138

- Select 'Firewall' under 'Toolbox'

- Select 'Configure' in top Right

It has one of three options listed there. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Yna
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you. I think I got it.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now