inky2019
Level 2: Rookie

How disable telephony on Telstra NBN Smart Modem ?

Hi, I get dozens of nuisance calls every day. I do not have a telephone handset, and I do not want one. But my Telstra NBN smart modem makes telephone ringing noise, which annoys me and my neighbors. How do I stop this?

I have looked under gateway settings for telephony, but do not see any option to disable phone functionality for modem.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
JM6
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: How disable telephony on Telstra NBN Smart Modem ?

That is weird.
How can the modem itself be ringing when calls come in ?????
You have to plug in a phone to the port on the modem.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi inky2019,

If you can provide me the make & model of the modem I'll see what I can find out for you in regards to stopping these ghost calls.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

inky2019
Level 2: Rookie

OP here. Embarrassing. So there was a phone plugged into the phone port. The phone was under the couch. I thought there was no phone because only the smart modem and NBN box were plugged into power board. Phone must have been getting power from the modem via the phone line. Problem solved I hope.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting us know inky2019 and great to hear it's solved. Please contact us if this continues though. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now