Highlighted
Jaanfin
Level 1: Cadet

How do I remove voicemail/messagebank?

Answered

Telstra Messagebank has recently been activated on my home phone.  I don't wish to use this.  How do I turn it off?  Or reset my phone to how it was before?  I don't know why this has happened and now I am not getting my messages!.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I remove voicemail/messagebank?

Hi! 

If you have a chat to us here: http://tel.st/49kl we can assist in getting this removed.

Cheers, Scott.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Hillbilly123
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

You dial #99# to remove message bank on your HOME PHONE on NBN

You dial*99 and seconds of dialing you want #

EG *9945#

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi! 

If you have a chat to us here: http://tel.st/49kl we can assist in getting this removed.

Cheers, Scott.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Waree

To save the cost of voicemail retrieval, how could I turn my Voice mail on my prepaid phone off?

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Waree,

Just give us a call on 132200 or chat to us at the link Scott provided and we can disable MessageBank for you.

-Dylan

Mary279
Level 2: Rookie

I have a similiar problem.   I had messagebank installed when I renewed my contract today.  I have been on live chat, but I was told to ring the Fixed Line Support Team on 132203.

My problem is that my phone has the stutter tone and I am unable to ring out anywhere.  I did all the prompts on Messagebank hoping to shut it up, but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Mary279

The Stuttertone won't stop you from being able to call out, so it appears that there is a fault with your service that we'd need to fix before anything else.

If you don't have access to another service (like a Mobile) to call us on, you can lodge the Fault online here: https://service.telstra.com.au/general/home-phone-fault/form?execution=e1s1

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

ma4

How do I remove voicemail message bank?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello ma4,

We have the information here for you - 

http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/Features-Settings/Setup-activate-and-manage-your-home-phone-Message...

Cheers - Con 

peter72

I want to remove message bank 

and

I want to remove my private number listing

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Peter72

You just need to either give us a call on 132200 (available 7am to 9.40pm) or via our Live Chat team 

http://tel.st/49kl and we can organise both the removal of your Message Bank, and your Silent Number.

Regards 

homephone1

Hello crowdsupport. We recently had installed our new home phone. Today we learned that message bank has been installed after a friend phoned when we were home. We have not requested messagebank and do not wish to have it on our phone. Please tell me how we can have it removed from our service.

Thank you.

Usetheforce

I still can't get the message bank off.  It should be #97# to turn off  OMG this wont work.

I want to increase the rings, this should be easy *99 ( number of seconds)# but of course not working.

Our customers are calling and it just goes through to message bank before I pick the phone up

help

@Mary279 wrote:

I have a similiar problem.   I had messagebank installed when I renewed my contract today.  I have been on live chat, but I was told to ring the Fixed Line Support Team on 132203.

My problem is that my phone has the stutter tone and I am unable to ring out anywhere.  I did all the prompts on Messagebank hoping to shut it up, but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Community Manager

Hey @Usetheforce

Alternatively, if those steps are not working, you can chat to us here to have this removed  http://tel.st/hsc3

bzzamac

Hillbilly123
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

You dial #99# to remove message bank on your HOME PHONE on NBN

You dial*99 and seconds of dialing you want #

EG *9945#

MadAvaCar

I had work done throught Telstra/Foxtel yesterday and now the dial tone on my landline sounds as if I have a message waiting but I do not have Messageband and 1001 says no missed calls. Why is my dial tone now different and how do I change it back to normal?  Thanks 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi MadAvaCar. 

If you have a funny sounding phone line, I would recommend that you get in touch with our Faults team. 

You can contact them on 132203.

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

brismac2

@Jaanfin wrote:

Telstra Messagebank has recently been activated on my home phone.  I don't wish to use this.  How do I turn it off?  Or reset my phone to how it was before?  I don't know why this has happened and now I am not getting my messages!.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there 

If you wish to have the Message bank de-activated from your home phone service please speak to our Team on 132200 so they can organise for this to be removed from your account. 

Kind Regards 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now