CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
krenshall
Level 1: Cadet

How do I set-up Call Forwarding options remotely for home phone

I phoned last week as i needed all calls from my homephone to be forwarded to my mobile. They took down my mobile number and advised it would take 24/48 hours for all calls to my home phone to be diverted to my mobile (immediately).

I phoned telstra again this morning as this had not been completed and it had passed the 24/48hour service level timeframe.

He advised my request was actioned same day and call divert is infact working. i told him that i have called my homephone and the call is not being diverted to my mobile. I asked him to confirm my mobile number to ensure this was correct on the system, and he confirmed the correct mobile number.

he advised to keep checking the homephone and the calls should be diverted at anytime. I was not convinced as this was and requested this to be esculated as it is EXTREEMLY important that my home calls are diverted.

he advised he would esculate the call, but did not offer a refference number or provide an ETA as to when this would be fixed. I felt like the person i spoke to was keen on moving on from my call.

I am not convinced he is following this up. could i please have some help. Is there anything i need to do at my end? unfortunately i am not able to access my home phone to setup call forward from my handset, hence why i made my request with telstra directly

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Re: How do I set-up Call Forwarding options remotely for home phone

To do this from the house phone is easy:

On the house phone type: *21 (mobile number)#

However if you are ringing the house phone from the mobile phone number you diverted to then yes the house phone will ring, so try using a different persons phone if you had been ringing from your own mobile.

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
krenshall

I cannot use my house phone to do this as my handset it broken.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you are not able to use the actual handset for the home phone then you will have to contact us to ensure this is activated correctly. My colleagues in Live Chat are available 24/7 and will assist in real time via a secure chat window.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 21: Augmented

Cant use your house phone????

Just go buy a $20-30 basic hanset from the likes of safeway, coles, bigw, kmart or somewhere like that.......

Based on the fact sheets about call divert (default being 20 seconds of an average 7 rings) are you waiting long enough to determine that the diversion is working or not? How long did you have it set for given that you can have between 5 seconds through to 60 seconds(roughly 21 rings) before the divert takes place!!!!!  

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
SusanC

An example of Telstra making it too hard.  It should be much easier to set up call forwarding without having physical access to your home phone.  I can set up call forwarding online so easily with Vodaphone - simple and effective immediately.  

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit