UnhappyTelstra
Level 1: Cadet

How to block unwanted calls on a Telstra NBN line

Answered

Where is there any descent customer service from Telstra anymore?  I even had to join this Crowd Support to get assistance.  Apparently NBN either cannot do this or has different codes.  I now feel like I am living in a very backward country.  Cannot get help from an Australian.  Do not seem to be able to get anything but scripted information from their overseas call centers. I know the home phone was a huge Government bungle and sell out but I cannot wait till this contract ends in August to change to Optus or Vodaphone.  Once a Telstra family, my sister has already changed and has less problems and helpful assistance so Optus here I come. Wake up Telstra!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: How to block unwanted calls on a Telstra NBN line

If you call 13 22 00 and say "unwelcome calls" you'll be able to get in touch with the unwelcome calls team who can assist.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

If you call 13 22 00 and say "unwelcome calls" you'll be able to get in touch with the unwelcome calls team who can assist.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

John0456
Level 2: Rookie

We had a porting problem with Tesltra who told us a lot of bulls*t and blinding us with technical jargon. We changed to Optus, who not only ported our old number but gave us the best support experience, especially when compared with the arrogant and unprofessional service we got from Telstra. We had certain unwanted numbers blocked, and this took no more that 10 minutes, no hassles and no bullsh*t. Smiley Happy

John0456

That's very amusing! Call that Testra number and you will be on hold for at least 30 minutes, then when you eventually get to speak to a human being, you will be given 1001 excuses why they can't do this for you.
Change across to Optus, you will be surprised with the superior level of professional support and it won't waste hours of your time, not to mention... the frustration of explaining your issue and being made to feel like an idiot.
John0456

This completly untrue. You be transferred from one department to the next until being told "It can't be done" and that's if you don't get disconnected!!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now