CrowdSupport®
JZJCWG
Level 1: Cadet

How to connect Telstra 12850 cordless using DECT to Fritzbox 7490

Answered

I'm about to get NBN connected and the NBN box will be no where near my base station so I need to connect it using DECT to my Fritzbox 7490 router.

The Telstra long range 12850 is advertised as supporting DECT but there is nothing in the User Guide on how to use it to connect to a router.

Help !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: How to connect Telstra 12850 cordless using DECT to Fritzbox 7490

Are you getting connected to Telstra NBN or are you using another ISP? If you have a Telstra NBN service you will not be able to use the VOIP function in the Fritz box. You will have to use the VOIP function of the Telstra modem that has an inbuilt DECT 2.0 base station.

To pair headset with modem see page 70 of manual.

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/support/pdf/home-phone/Telstra-12850-user-guide...

To put modem in pair mode press pair button on modem for at least 5 seconds.

Both the Telstra modem and Fritz box have DECT 2.0 base. I could not find any information on whether the Telstra handset uses DECT 2.0 or DECT 6.0.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: How to connect Telstra 12850 cordless using DECT to Fritzbox 7490

Are you getting connected to Telstra NBN or are you using another ISP? If you have a Telstra NBN service you will not be able to use the VOIP function in the Fritz box. You will have to use the VOIP function of the Telstra modem that has an inbuilt DECT 2.0 base station.

To pair headset with modem see page 70 of manual.

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/support/pdf/home-phone/Telstra-12850-user-guide...

To put modem in pair mode press pair button on modem for at least 5 seconds.

Both the Telstra modem and Fritz box have DECT 2.0 base. I could not find any information on whether the Telstra handset uses DECT 2.0 or DECT 6.0.

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now