JimT
Level 1: Cadet

Keeping Two Phone lines on One NBN Account

Answered

We now have NBN HFC available in our area. At the moment we have two phone lines on the same account to the one premises. We're happy to migrate to the NBN for phone and broadband but I'm having terrible trouble getting sense from Telstra Customer Support about whether the two phone services, which we want to keep, can be provided from the one NBN interface and single Telstra gateway/router. Has anyone had any experience with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Keeping Two Phone lines on One NBN Account

Nbn don’t support multiple physical lines on most connection types (exception being FTTP, which in theory can support 4 connections at once), on residential plans my understanding is that Telstra don’t support having dual phone services. On business plans it is possible to have multiple numbers attached.

From what I have seen most of the larger providers won’t provide more then one phone service for residential, at least from what I have seen and heard. You may be able to do something like one with your nbn service and the other separately with a dedicate VoIP provider
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Nbn don’t support multiple physical lines on most connection types (exception being FTTP, which in theory can support 4 connections at once), on residential plans my understanding is that Telstra don’t support having dual phone services. On business plans it is possible to have multiple numbers attached.

From what I have seen most of the larger providers won’t provide more then one phone service for residential, at least from what I have seen and heard. You may be able to do something like one with your nbn service and the other separately with a dedicate VoIP provider
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

JimT
Level 1: Cadet

DrQ,

That seems a shame. Instead of expanding service options, it would appear that NBN and  the telcos are actually reducing the technological capability of the network.

JimT

Highlighted

Yeah. Nbnco haven’t really encouraged much option.
Helpful Links

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now