Highlighted
merecar
Level 1: Cadet

LANDLINE

Answered

Hi,

We have arranged for the NBN to be installed in our home . we really dont want the land line which we currently have as all we seem to get is nuisance ,scam and in laws phoning.(thats actually ok )

Telstra tell us we have to have the land line to facilitate the NBN .

Can someone please tell me if this is correct. I am hearing so many varied stories I really cant work out whats true and whats not.

many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: LANDLINE

Yes, most of the other ISPs offer a basic landline service (no calls included) as part of their plans.

Just choose the plan that suits your needs (ignoring the phone part) and don't plug in the hansdet.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 21: Augmented

Telstra does not have any NBN plans without a phone. I believe the same applies to many other ISPs.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Accepted Solution

Yes, most of the other ISPs offer a basic landline service (no calls included) as part of their plans.

Just choose the plan that suits your needs (ignoring the phone part) and don't plug in the hansdet.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now