WASTINGTIME101
Level 2: Rookie

LINE FAULT

Answered

Hi.  I need to report no service with my home phone other than by using a telephone/mobile to report the fault.  I live in a rural community with no mobile connection and I'm finding it difficult to find a method of reporting the fault with my home phone seeing all other phones are also out in our community.  I have checked the website for known faults in our area - none!

I have gone through the trouble shooting process for home phones by signing into my telstra acount, the following page offers no option for reporting home phone faults.  I have tried live chat - which does not deal with home phone faults and offers a link to report the proplem using the trouble shooting tool - only to get stuck in an endless loop of frustration.

Example:  "LIVE CHAT>HOME PHONE>FAULT>Sorry! For Broadband, Bundle or Home Phone faults, troubleshoot and report your fault here For Moving Home Requests, complete this form and we'll assign a case manager to help.

When clicking on link: TROUBLESHOOT AND REPORT YOUR FAULT HERE>MY HOME PHONE>LOG INTO MT TELSTRA ACCOUNT>SELECT YOUR TELSTA SERVICE. ADSL - CABLE - NBN (Home phone not mentioned here)

Oops. We can't connect you with that page

We're sorry - this page is currently down for maintenance or you have used the wrong link.

Please try again later.

NEED MORE HELP?

If you're having trouble completing this step, call us on 13 3933, so that one of our consultants can help you."

Thats the problem I cant call Telstra I have a FAULT WITH MY PHONE AND LIVE IN A NON-MOBILE AREA AND ALL PHONES IN MY COMMUNITY ARE OUT AS WELL!

How do I report a problem without a phone - there used to be a link after the trouble shooting in the fine print for people in my situation. i.e Only option to report is Online - But I cant get to that link now.

Please someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WASTINGTIME101
Accepted Solution

Re: LINE FAULT

Thanks for your reply, once I follow the link and select >HOME PHONE it takes me to select from one of the following:

>ADSL

>CABLE

>NBN

but I have found a solution passed on by our local federal member Warren Entch.

Thanks Warren!!! & Staff!!!

https://service.telstra.com.au/general/home-phone-fault/form?execution=e1s6

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 23: Superhero

https://www.telstra.com.au/webforms/cares/

Can you follow the home phone steps at the above site please? That will then allow you to report a fault at the end if need be.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
WASTINGTIME101
Accepted Solution

Thanks for your reply, once I follow the link and select >HOME PHONE it takes me to select from one of the following:

>ADSL

>CABLE

>NBN

but I have found a solution passed on by our local federal member Warren Entch.

Thanks Warren!!! & Staff!!!

https://service.telstra.com.au/general/home-phone-fault/form?execution=e1s6

Sues66
Level 1: Cadet

I have the exact same problem, the OOPs I'm sorry message.  My incoming calls just keep ringing and ringing and when I pick it up all I get is a clacking noise.  Telstra say there is no fault.  Something is wrong, and we have not done anything at our end.  I wish we had other options than Telstra and I also have trouble with mobile phone coverage. 

SICK OF IT

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Sues66

If no fault was found on the line, it could be an issue with your handset instead. 

We'd recommend unplugging all devices from your Home Phone ports, then trying another handset - and see if it'll accept incoming calls like normal.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Basil99
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now