CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
jihoafrican
Level 2: Rookie

Land line

Answered

After being connected by Telstra to NBN,my home telephone line is somewhat weak and people are complaining that they can hardly hear me.I am using wireless base Uniden and before never had any problems.Any suggestions?Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jihoafrican
Accepted Solution

Re: Land line

Dear Jupiter,

thanks for your reply.

Just to inform you,I did phone technical support,lady chcecked line for me and informed me that line was fine and she suggested that my telephone was not Telstra compatible.I have tried my neighbour Telstra phone and it did work without any problem,so I must buy one which is compatible.But now I know and I can buy right phone.

We,in retirement village,have emergency medical call unit(Tunstell)and telephone is connected directly into this unit for emergency communication.

Thank you again for your help.

Alex.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity

That is a common complaint about NBN telephony services across all providers.

I'm not really sure that there is anything that you can do as all telephony settings are locked out on the consumer end.

I would suggest calling 1800 834 273 and reporting the problem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
duyen
Level 1: Cadet

apter nbn technician installed modern my homephone line did not working

Did you plug your phone into the Phone socket on the modem?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
jihoafrican
Accepted Solution

Dear Jupiter,

thanks for your reply.

Just to inform you,I did phone technical support,lady chcecked line for me and informed me that line was fine and she suggested that my telephone was not Telstra compatible.I have tried my neighbour Telstra phone and it did work without any problem,so I must buy one which is compatible.But now I know and I can buy right phone.

We,in retirement village,have emergency medical call unit(Tunstell)and telephone is connected directly into this unit for emergency communication.

Thank you again for your help.

Alex.

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit