Kim5
Level 1: Cadet

Landline ringtime extension

How can I extend my ringtime before the phone switches to messagebank?

Despite earlier setting the time to 20 seconds it reverted after a few weeks back to 4 rings, about 5 seconds, which means that unless I am right next to the phone I miss every call.

I have tried the "solutions" on the website, none of which work. The *9960# or the *9930# routine does not function and the ringtime remains fixed on 5 seconds.

I called 132200, waited 35 minutes on hold before the line dropped out. I called again and waited 44 minutes befor getting someone on the line who told me to use the *9930# routine which I already know does not work!

I have used Telcoms in 3rd world countries, but I have never come across anything as absolutely useless as Telstra.

To have to spend hours just to make a simple adjustment is completely unacceptable and unprofessional.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Landline ringtime extension

Hi Kim5

Please refer to this Knowledge Base article as it explains how to extend the ring time for Messagebank and Home Messages 101

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Welcome-Guidelines-KB/Extend-Ring-Time-for-Messagebank-Telstra...

If you have any further questions, let us know.

Deanna 

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Kim5

Deanna, please read my post.

In the 3rd para I said quite clearly that I had already done the *9930# thing, which is what is stated in the link you gave me, IT DOES NOT WORK.

I have called 132200 three times now, total waiting time 144 minutes, managed to get through twice only to be told the same thing, (try *9930#). Is there anyone there who knows what to do? All you are doing is sending me round and round in circles.

One consultant told me she would connect me to a "technical consultant" I waited another 5 minutes and then the line dropped out!

Telstra's treatment of your customers is outrageous, surely in something as simple as this there must be a number I can call to correct a fault, even if it can't be fixed immediately which I can quite understand as long as there is someone who can tell me my report of the fault has been noted and will be repaired within a day or two.

coolcol

How do I extend my landline ring time                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

CJNET
Level 6: Bloodhound

It must ring quickly Kim5 to get four rings in five seconds.

Check Page 7 of this document... http://telstra.com.au/help/download/document/home-features-user-guide-c020.pdf I take it you have not seen this document as there's no mention of the *9960# that you mention, so I can only assume that is why it doesn't work.

Sorry to hear this simple adjustment has been so problematic. Perhaps you should change your terms of enquiry. I typed in "extend ring time" in the search box on telstra.com and the third result on the page after submitting the enquiry.

I don't have a home phone and nor do I have a phone book, but I believe the feature codes are contained in the information section.

Good luck.

CORY [CJNET]
CJNET
Level 6: Bloodhound

Coolcol, you should also check out the pdf file in the post above, it gives you a list of the features for a home phone service.

CORY [CJNET]

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now