CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Bevgrub
Level 1: Cadet

Landline

Answered

Our landline rings 18-20 times before accessing Messagebank.  Is there a code to shorten the ring duration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Landline

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Fj54
Level 1: Cadet

I recently converted from ADSL2 to NBN, I have followed the set up instructions and while I can use wireless and data I can't make calls on my landline.

The landline (removed for privacy) is an old digital cordless. It is powered on but does not have dial tone. The phone light on top of the Telstra Gateway is not illuminated.

Regards

Fj54

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Fj54,

The phone may take a few hours to activate on a new NBN migration. If restarting the modem does not get an active phone light then try holding in the 'reset' button with a pin/pen for ten seconds which will default the modem and force it to reconnect. 

If there is still a delay in the modem activating the phone then you may need to followup with the order management team on 1800834273 who will be able to confirm the order has completed correctly. 

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now