CrowdSupport®
DrGnu
Level 1: Cadet

Lead in line frustration

Answered

We have been waiting a month to have our home phone and ADSL broadband connected after transferring our number and internet from a previous provider. The issue is that the lead in line has at some stage been disconnected. The piping remains in place out to the footpath, but the pipe appears to be blocked with mud and dirty the footpath end (the technician who did come showed us the problem). No trenching required; this is not a new build. Despite several promises that a contractor would contact us in 24 to 48 hours, there has been no call. Repeated calls to Telstra call centre have resulted in multiple order numbers, each successive order cancelling the previous number. We were even sent a bill for our phone service, which we still don’t have - an issue that was resolved when we called. But on the issue of the lead in line, we have been told that our order has been upgraded to an expedited order, but still no contact from the contractor and no action taken. Is there any contact in Australia to whom we can talk to get some answers and/or, more importantly, get this very simple job completed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Lead in line frustration

You may wish to

lodge a complaint

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

I believe that only Disconnections during 7.30am to 9pm AEST

remain in Australia to the best of my knowledge

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles you to be an expert at everything !!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

You may wish to

lodge a complaint

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

I believe that only Disconnections during 7.30am to 9pm AEST

remain in Australia to the best of my knowledge

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles you to be an expert at everything !!"

View solution in original post

DrGnu

Thanks ProfessorPhone! We were considering lodging a complaint. So thanks for the link.

Highlighted
DrGnu

Thanks ProfessorPhone. The complaint did the trick. Our lead in cable was laid within two days of lodging a complaint. Just waiting for the tech to return to connect us to the exchange - which, hopefully, will not take another month!

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now