Highlighted
ringding
Level 1: Cadet

Local or National call

Reports of zone changes etc in Oct 2015 has left me confused.

Use a phone only to contact my daughter and for the past 7+ years its been a local call.

Contacted Telstra chat line, they could not advise me.  They gave me a link that stated access denined.

They even said that they could not open the link that they gave me. They said even their techs. did not know and did not know how to find out.

So can anyone help.

Is a phone call from Ningi Qld 4511 to Murrumba Downs Qld 4503 (both landlines) still a local call or is it a National call.  22km in a straight line.

With all the computer wizz kids I would have thought that some one could have written a simple app.

Whereby you enter the numbers concerned and you get the answer local or national.

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 20: Director

Re: Local or National call

Hi, Ringding,

For Telstra's complete zoning structure, please refer to the Charging Zones document which you can download in PDF format HERE, or Word format HERE.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
ringding
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Tezz,

Thanks for the quick reply.

But sorry the system is as clear as mud with info over load.

From the list I believe that  I'm in the Caboolture district which contains 5 other districts. Are all those districts considered to be local calls?

Adjoining districts would any of them be local?

One of them 3 km down the road, is Bribie Island and if that is national then the system is crazy to be polite.

Any ideas who in Telstra I could contact to get a definitive answer to just one telephone number?

Thanks.

Level 20: Director

Hi again, Ringding,

"Any ideas who in Telstra I could contact to get a definitive answer to just one telephone number?"

You'd have a better chance just opening up a phone book and throwing a dart at it. Smiley LOL

Honestly, no idea. Hopefully your post will soon be answered by aTelstra staff member who may be able to make some sense of the charging zones. I'm in a different state to where you are and I have enough trouble working out what's local here. LOL!

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now