Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Managing Caller ID

Answered

Ever wondered how you can block or unblock your number when calling someone? Here are some simple steps to help you do this;

To block on a call-by-call basis

If you're calling from a home phone: dial 1831, or from a mobile: dial #31# then the number you are calling.

To unblock on a call-by-call basis (if your number is permanently blocked)

If you're calling from a home phone: dial 1832, or from a mobile: dial *31# then the number you are calling.

The above is just temporary blocking, to permanently block your numbers you’ll need to;

Home phones:  Contact us to discuss options for blocking your number on a permanent basis.

Mobile phones: most mobiles include a "show my caller ID" setting which you can turn off. The location of this setting varies from mobile to mobile, but is usually located in Main Menu, then Tools or Settings, then Phone. For more information, please check your mobile phone manual. If you don't have access to your manual, find out how to view it online.

Check if your telephone number is being displayed to callers

On a home phone, call 127 220 and listen to the announcement.

On a mobile phone, call *#31# then press the send/call button, which usually looks like this:  A message will display on your screen.

If you have any feedback on this information or any of our Help/FAQs please post away, we’d love to hear from you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Managing Caller ID

This thread has been locked and future updates to the information contained here will be made to the Community Wiki article https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Phones-Services-KB/Managing-Caller-ID/ta-p/157364

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
djmm
Level 1: Cadet

great information. thank you.
sandieo

I have been told by Telstra that we have caller ID in our package. We have a T hub. If the callers name is in the phone, it shows the number, if not it shows blocked. The hand piece is the worst offender, everything is blocked. Can any one throw some light on my problem. 

Regards,  Sandie

DLM

Thanks for the link and yes I will need to call again- 3rd time lucky. I just needed to find out how long it takes for the category to change in the exchange. I realise an order is raised and then a "robot" is supposed to change the category in the exchange...doesn't seem to be doing it in our case.

mrsrjp

I have dialled the number quoted and it says our number will not be displayed from our home. However we do want it displayed, how can we achieve this. We have already contacted telstra via phone and was told it had been sorted.
JAZ125

I want to show my caller ID on my mobile telephone, but the toggle switched it greyed out and I can switch it on.  Please help?

Community Manager

Not sure why the option on your mobile would be unable to be changed. I am unsure how smart the phone is at realising if call blocking is being done at a network level, perhaps give us a call so we can confirm how it is setup on the account.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

BrutusBaritone
Level 4: Private Eye

Great information. I also have a question as well. Why are charities and other organizations allowed to block thier numbers? If they are cold canvasing. How are we able to check their creditials whith the number beng withheld.

BrutusBaritone

blackid

how to identify the last caller number in lanline 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi blackid

Can you explain your problem a little bit more please.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Chappy_53

My number is not diplayed on out coing calls.  I recently recontracted and Caller ID was included and my number was not to be private.  when I called 127200 it stated that my number would not be displayed.  How can I change this as I did not agree to this option and it only started when I was out of contract _ I did not know that I had to recontract at the time!

Chappy_53

My mobile number is not blocked on outgoing calls. 

Community Manager
Accepted Solution

This thread has been locked and future updates to the information contained here will be made to the Community Wiki article https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Phones-Services-KB/Managing-Caller-ID/ta-p/157364

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now