Mishca
Level 1: Cadet

Message 101 issue

My phone states I have a message and I get the stutter dial tone but when I dial the 101 there are no messages, how can I resolve this issue.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Message 101 issue

Are you on NBN? I have the same issue and was not able to get resolution even with my inside contacts... Looks like there is a signalling issue with NBN/VOIP.
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Mishca
Level 1: Cadet

Yes I am on the NBN

Thanks for the info I now know I have to put up with it.  Just a little annoying though

Even more annoying fact is that when I sometimes manage to "clear it" then it sometimes does not come back when there really is a message... @Yastiandrie, any further ideas now that we know I am not alone?
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Level 24: Supreme Being

Could try leaving yourself a message then clearing it out. May fix it
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Highlighted

Will try that and report back. Good idea that did not occur to me...

Just occurred to me TBH
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Well, actually did not have time to test it. One of the spammer's did not hang up before going to the bank and after I cleared their empty message it now behaves correctly...

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more