CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
kiwitrains
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Messages 101

Answered

I read somewhere that messages 101 does not work on the NBN, mine does!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
kiwitrains
Accepted Solution

Re: Messages 101

Sorry I have MessageBank did not know there was a difference.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Home messages 101 had a standard message and could only be retrieved from the same connection.

MessageBank was $6 per month extra (typically this was waived if you had a bundle as a ‘bonus’), and it allows you to record your own message, you can also check your messages from another line, you can have a pin to protect the messages and it can hold more messages.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
kiwitrains
Accepted Solution

Sorry I have MessageBank did not know there was a difference.
Level 21: Augmented

That's a BIG difference... Smiley Very Happy
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
iRyan
Level 2: Rookie

what's the difference?
Ryan

Kudos and solutions are appreciated!!! Smiley Happy
Level 21: Augmented

I believe that 101 was poor relative to Message  Bank proper. First, 101 used to be free, while Message Bank was not... TBH, I am not too familiar with the two products, so perhaps someone else can chime in to clarify the differences completely...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Level 22: Superhuman

Good evening!
To the best of my ancient memory.....
Message Bank was originally a chargeable service.
Then it became free for non-business.
Then Business message bank appeared, with possibly some extras? ..... which was chargeable.
Kind regards
PP
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Accepted Solution

Home messages 101 had a standard message and could only be retrieved from the same connection.

MessageBank was $6 per month extra (typically this was waived if you had a bundle as a ‘bonus’), and it allows you to record your own message, you can also check your messages from another line, you can have a pin to protect the messages and it can hold more messages.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now