Highlighted
kiwitrains
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Messages 101

Answered

I read somewhere that messages 101 does not work on the NBN, mine does!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
kiwitrains
Accepted Solution

Re: Messages 101

Sorry I have MessageBank did not know there was a difference.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Home messages 101 had a standard message and could only be retrieved from the same connection.

MessageBank was $6 per month extra (typically this was waived if you had a bundle as a ‘bonus’), and it allows you to record your own message, you can also check your messages from another line, you can have a pin to protect the messages and it can hold more messages.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
kiwitrains
Accepted Solution

Sorry I have MessageBank did not know there was a difference.
Level 21: Augmented

That's a BIG difference... Smiley Very Happy
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
iRyan
Level 2: Rookie

what's the difference?
Ryan

Kudos and solutions are appreciated!!! Smiley Happy
Level 21: Augmented

I believe that 101 was poor relative to Message  Bank proper. First, 101 used to be free, while Message Bank was not... TBH, I am not too familiar with the two products, so perhaps someone else can chime in to clarify the differences completely...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Level 22: Superhuman

Good evening!
To the best of my ancient memory.....
Message Bank was originally a chargeable service.
Then it became free for non-business.
Then Business message bank appeared, with possibly some extras? ..... which was chargeable.
Kind regards
PP
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Accepted Solution

Home messages 101 had a standard message and could only be retrieved from the same connection.

MessageBank was $6 per month extra (typically this was waived if you had a bundle as a ‘bonus’), and it allows you to record your own message, you can also check your messages from another line, you can have a pin to protect the messages and it can hold more messages.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now