CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

I want my phone to ring for longer before the answering machine come on.

It only rings 3 or 4 times and I would like it to ring at lest 6 times before it goes to answer

Phone No is <removed to protect your privacy>

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Messages

Please answer
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

This is a community forum there is not guarantee of a response as its customers helping the customers. For official support you'll need to call 13 22 00 for standard landlines and 1800 834 273 for NBN landlines. Or you can increase your ring time yourself by looking at this post https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Phones/How-To-Extend-Ring-Time-for-Messagebank-Telstra-H...
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

Please remove your personal details as this is a public forum .
You did say you have an answering machine....not message bank.
If your answering machine is coming on too soon... the delay setting is in the menu of your answering machine....it's not a Telstra setting. Please refer to the answering machine's manual which can usually also be found online eith a search....depending on the brand and model
Thank you
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit