Barry26
Level 1: Cadet

I want my phone to ring for longer before the answering machine come on.

It only rings 3 or 4 times and I would like it to ring at lest 6 times before it goes to answer

Phone No is <removed to protect your privacy>

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Barry26
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Messages

Please answer
Level 22: Superhuman

This is a community forum there is not guarantee of a response as its customers helping the customers. For official support you'll need to call 13 22 00 for standard landlines and 1800 834 273 for NBN landlines. Or you can increase your ring time yourself by looking at this post https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Phones/How-To-Extend-Ring-Time-for-Messagebank-Telstra-H...
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Please remove your personal details as this is a public forum .
You did say you have an answering machine....not message bank.
If your answering machine is coming on too soon... the delay setting is in the menu of your answering machine....it's not a Telstra setting. Please refer to the answering machine's manual which can usually also be found online eith a search....depending on the brand and model
Thank you
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now