Highlighted
GrandpaF
Level 2: Rookie

Missed Call

I have a "Telstra Slim Touch 9650 DECT 6.0 cordless phone" and suddenly a message appeared on both handsets "1 missied call".

I cannot get rid of this message and cannot find anything in the handbook that will help me. I have never had this message before even though I have missed calls.

What is going on here?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Missed Call

According to page 30 of the Telstra Slim Touch 9650 User Guide:

Missed calls are marked with XX MISSED CALL(S). Each time you review a call list entry marked with (five-pointed star) icon, the number of missed calls decreases by one. When you have reviewed all the missed calls, the missed calls indicator no longer shows.
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
GrandpaF

Very good .... however this refers to "Calling Number Display" and I do not, and never have subscribed to this service !!!!

Do you have a Telstra Home Bundle, or a standalone basic telephone service?

As far as I'm aware, Calling Number Display is automatically included in current Bundles at no charge, and does not require that the customer actively request or activate the service.
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
GrandpaF

I just have a basic service. As calling numbers do not display anywhere  indicates to me that I do not have this service.

A glitch of some sort must have displayed the "Missed Call" message on my handsets, and I cannot get rid of them.

What about power-cycling the handsets and/or base station, ie. taking the batteries out of the handsets and putting them back in, and unplugging the power from the base station and them plugging it back in?
——

GrandpaF

Thanks, good thinking, I powered off the base and removed batteries from both handsets but as soon as I replaced the batteries the message appeared.  I'm thinking it must be something at the Telstra end?

Given I don't use that model of phone myself, all I can suggest to try is:

1. The “Delete the Entire Call List” procedure at the start of page 32 of the User Guide, regardless of whether it makes sense that the phone should present the 1 MISSED CALL message in the first place;
  2. Dial 101 (and delete the messages, if there are any) to make sure it's not something to do with Telstra Home Messages 101®; and
  3. If all else fails, ring Telstra to confirm you don't have Calling Number Display active on your phone service for some unknown reason;

in that order.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

——

GrandpaF

Ah yes, deleting the entire call list did the trick.

Thanks for your patience and help.

Bruce

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now