Daisy64
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile to Landline

As of yesterday I am unable to call my home landline from my Galaxy S8+. The landline is functioning correctly for incoming and outgoing calls except from my mobile. I have tested the landline to other numbers and also my mobile. When you call from mobile it just makes and noise like before leaving a message. The call does not register as a missed call on landline or show up in message bank? So far technical support from both Telestra and NBN have not been able to fix. I have done all the necessary things such removing rebooting phone, removing sim, restarting nbn , etc etc. The home landline number is the only thing not working on my mobile. I believe Optus have been working in the area so this mayt be the cause of the issue as neighbours have problems with their landlines!!!! Anyone throw any joy on this please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Mobile to Landline

Will your landline receive other calls from other mobiles?
Have you recently churned either service from another providor?
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Daisy64

Mobile can call any other landline or mobile number. Landline can call my mobile, any other mobile or landline. Been with Telestra forever. Mobile bought online last December and it would have been an over order from Optus as when you start it up it has Yes Optus on it but it has a new telestra sim etc and has been working fine with no other problem. I think Optus have been playing around in the street with NBN. Telstra tech support and NBN support cannot work it out!!

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Daisy64,

Have you been able to test your Telstra SIM in another handset and then try calling your home phone number? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Daisy64

No. It worked once on Thursday. Telstra is investigating. I will take to Telstra shop and ask them to do this. 

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks Daisy64. 

Let us know how it goes once you have been into the store and we have followed up if you are still experiencing the same problem. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now