dtipton
Level 1: Cadet

My broadband works but landline doesn't.

I have checked for outages in the area, disconnected all hand sets, all the diagnostic suggestions.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: My broadband works but landline doesn't.

What type of internet connection do you have? If its NBN is the Modem's phone light on (Green)?

Confused1234

I have the same problem, I believe I have a faulty modem but still waiting to catch tech's call. I only have had this problem since buying the "smart modem" with 4 ports. The modem before which seems to be discontinued was a 2 port but that works fine with the Telstra call Guardian phone. Also my paring light seems to be stuck on solid green. I don't think it was lit on the other one all the time only when paring a device ?  (( I'm on the NBN no green light on top for phone ))

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Confused1234

Can you confirm if you have tried returning the modem to factory defaults? If you haven't, this can be done by holding the reset button in for 15 seconds or via the modem interface. This should force the modem to request the details for the phone service. Also, is your handset connected into the #1 green port on the modem?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Confused1234

Yes done all that and yes it's in the green port #1 . I believe I'm waiting on a level 2 tech ? But I"m pretty sure I've done everything I can with the phone support, , they done their tests, I've followed their instructions which one was reset the modem.....other things was unplug things like the phone re plug, take out batteries to reset the phone and so on. I"m waiting on a call from whoever for further just thought I'd put it out their since somebody else was having problems with their landline. Also I really don't think the "Pair" light stayed lit on my old modem. Can you tell me is it suppose to be lit solid green all the time? I've since Paired it with wireless devices but it won't go away.
Thank you for your prompt reply Shellock

The pair light will be green if you pair with a DECT 2.0 handset it will also stay green if you successfully use WPS to connect a WiFi device to the gateway.

@Confused1234
You are correct the pair light should be off unless a DECT 2.0 handset is connected to gateway. I was wrong in my previous post. The pair light only stays green for about 15 minutes when a WiFi device connects to the gateway using WPS. You can check if any handset is connected by login in to the gateway and going to Advanced > Telephony > DECT,
Confused1234

All fixed, not sure what was wrong but they fixed it their end. Thanks for the help cf4 & Shellock.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now