Highlighted
Tfan
Level 1: Cadet

MyInbox-Outllook.com-not getting Home Message Bank email alerts

Answered

We have  been a Telstra customer for ages--all services, ADSL, Home Line, mobile.

Loved being able to get an email alert when messages left on home line.

And just click to access the message (when logged into Bigpond site)

And just updated to the Telstra Outlook.com.

But now we are not getting the emails when message are left on our Landline.-and we still have the home Message Bank

This all worked ok before  the move to Telstra Outlook.com.

Normal email coming through ok.

But not the ones alerting us to a message on home phone.(Message Bank)

The messages are there ok-even shows 2 messages messages on T-Hub screen

Any ideas why this isn't working, are there settings?

Have had long time on phone..no joy

And on a live chat--possibly this feature has been dropped, nolonger available..grr

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: MyInbox-Outllook.com-not getting Home Message Bank email alerts

Hi Tfan

Looking at the changes, from Myinbox and the new BigPond with Windows live/ Outlook.com, unfortunately, the feature to retrieve voicemails/videomails has been removed along with a few other features. 

Here is a break down of the major changes

table.JPG

Hope this helps

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

We do review our products constantly so I am happy to pass on your feedback about this feature.

Thanks for taking the time to visit our forum.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Tfan

Looking at the changes, from Myinbox and the new BigPond with Windows live/ Outlook.com, unfortunately, the feature to retrieve voicemails/videomails has been removed along with a few other features. 

Here is a break down of the major changes

table.JPG

Hope this helps

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Tfan

An absolute shame that this feature has been dropped. ie receive an email alerts and being able to access/listen to Landline Message Bank message remotely.

A not happy Tfan

Community Manager
Accepted Solution

We do review our products constantly so I am happy to pass on your feedback about this feature.

Thanks for taking the time to visit our forum.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Tfan

Thanks Dan fir the prompt response.

Yes. Please pass the return of this lost functionality to the "enhancement"list.

We missed reviewing the feature matrix, before finally opting to upgrade to outlook.com.

Seems very strange Telstra's would not request/state/mandate that their voice mail services(landline and mobile are linked to Telstra offered email/online services.

For us we will need to fall back to using125102 when in regional areas and intertstate.  When overseas we will purchase a low cost calling card.

And for mobiles.. just ignore as calling 101 from overeas was expensive.

Do Telstra provide/recommend a low cost option for accessing mobile message bank??

All the best.

Community Manager

I can appreciate that it could get expensive to check. The best options for you would be to either setup your voicemail as Voice2Text so you receive an SMS in lieu of a voicemessage OR you could look at our Memo service (halfway down this link);

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/extras/features-services/#tab-services

Using this service messages are taken by an operator who then either email or SMS's these to you. There is a charge per call diverted to this service but you may find that it is a much more affordable option to calling to listen to messages.

DragonJewel
Level 8: Inspector

Jon_Telstra, Is this possibly the reason I am having problems? I have a Velocity connection. I have just completed the setup of the phones on the tablet and now am trying to set up the SMS voice mail option. I first reported this problem 10 Jan. I was advised the problem was because they needed to transfer my mail box to outlook. That has been done but I still cannot set up the stuff in the tablet and I now find noone who calls me and I do not answer are being directed to the Message bank. So I get no messages. I thought it might need to be re set up so rang the 125101 number (and confirmed on 101) both have the same information and are set as I originally setup last July. Is there some necessary link between the SMS / voice mail on the Thub 2 tablet and the new outlook.com mail box that is causing this problem.

My last contact from Telstra today is that my problem is being escalated and I should hear within 5 working days. ie next week. The issue of not having SMS is no big deal but I am not cool with not having any message bank for missed calls.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

HI DJ, 

Due to the type of network(velocity) you have, I can't be certain for the reason as to why the message bank is acting up. Have you attempted to ring velocity support for this?

Contact numbers : 

FTTP Helpdesk: 1800 008 994

NBN Helpdesk: 1800 TFIBRE (option 3) 

- Jon

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now